Head casting numbers

k20c1.jpg

Anybody recognize these head numbers? Supposedly on an early 70s non mustang cleveland block.

Sorry not a cleveland head, casting number is 1975 or newer.

Maybe a 351m/400

mustangnight010.jpg

1972 Mustang Convertible 351C 4V

1966 Ford Galaxie 7 litre-4speed

Jorge

Do you have a wider view? Looking at the angle of the rocker cover rail, I'm thinking Windsor.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Both heads the same? That's a 351C block. How about a block casting number? Looks like M heads on a C.

How can you tell it is a C block and not a 351M block?

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

M/400 block has a raised up thermostat housing, and 99% of them have a standing rib to the side of the distributor

351m400.jpg

How about casting numbers in the starter area of the block?

1973 Mach 1 Q code 351 4V, 9A paint, standard interior, 3.50 rear, C6 trans.

M/400 block has a raised up thermostat housing, and 99% of them have a standing rib to the side of the distributor

351m400.jpg

How about casting numbers in the starter area of the block?

Thanks! I think I would have 'noticed' the difference even if I didn't know why. That's a great way to quickly tell.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]