new member, littlerock, ca

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gilbie99

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Sportsroof
im i new member and a new mustang owner. i just received a 1972 "sportroof"???? from a family member that passed away and i seriously cant figure out what model it is. i did littlebit of research and i can only come up with its either a 351 ho, or just a regular 351.

but i think im safe to say its not a boss or a mach 1. there is no badging that indicates it, and the spoiler and hood scoops are not there.

if any body can help me figure out what it is?

where to get started restoring it (i need to buy a hose that comes out of the engine block for the heater), id appreciate it.

all it needs is the hose, registration, a battery, and to reinstall the alternator.

year: 1972

vin: 2f02h153547

engine: 351 cleveland

Thats about all i know. I will post a link to pictures in a coulple senconds. have to do from my phone.

Picture 001.jpg

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Welcome....i am new member also. Looks like a solid car to start with. You have a sportsroof which is fordspeak for "fastback". The motor is a 351 2v Cleveland based on the "H" in the VIN. Hope this helps a little. What are your plans for the car?

WELCOME aboard!

You have come to the "right" place as we can DEFINITELY tell you what your Mustang started as from the Factory.

According to your VIN 2F02H153547:

2 = 1972

F = Dearborn, Michigan

02 = Sportsroof

H = 351C 2V

153547 = Actual Serial Number

As to your specific questions as you "get into" the car, please post them (the questions) up on the appropriate Forum - - we can and will help:).

Again, Welcome to the Site and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

BT

thanks alot guys. im so exited to get started, and get the car started. this information helps alot as i try to find part (all the basics). it has been sitting for a while.... im thinking hoses, belts, fluids.

but what i really want to do asap is try and start it so i know where to start.

So how to find out if it's a "HO"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome!

As a follow-up to the VIN enquiry, #153547 means it is the 53,547th 1972 Mustang built (i.e. #100005 would be the 5th car built whereas #200005 would be the 100,005th car built).

::welcome:: from NY , You will find a great amount of info on this site as well as very friendly and knowledgeable people that are always happy to help you out.

AJ

Lol.... Yah the vinyl is like in the transformers movie when Sam goes to buy the camaro and the guy tells him that the stripes are "faded custom"

The vinyl is " custom worn" ;)

Welcome from Northern CA. A sense of humor will definitely serve you well....

Welcome from washington state..Nice lookin car man...Does she have any options? air condish? or power options? radio? She looks nice and stock..Would love to see some interior and motor bay shots.

Welcome from Latrobe, PA! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Hi and ::welcome:: from Luxembourg/Europe! Glad you found us.

Looks like a clean car to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back