Looking at a 1973 Coupe

jmcgill89

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations welcome to the world of classic Mustangs!

Congrats on the purchase. The lights should be an easy fix - replace the bulbs. They are just a pain to get to - it helps to have long skinny arms. :s

Vamach1 - 72 Sprint conv & 72 Mach1

Cool, welcome to the club! I'm going to go the LED route for my dash lights. $40 something for the kit from Mustangs Unlimited.

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Congratulations! There are some good posts on here about the dash lights. Might be easier to remove the dash pad to get to the light bulbs. Since your not far away it would be cool to meet you and check out your coupe! Keep us posted.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words. I don't take possession until Saturday or Sunday, so the wife hasn't seen it yet up close. She'll be standoffish about it at first...if she warms up in a week or two, then I'm golden...otherwise, not somuch.

I'll prepare you all now...I ask questions, and lots of them, the first of which will start in a new thread in about a minute.

I've attached a picture (probably the wrong way) of me driving it for the first time...it's the best non-craigslist picture I have.

Thanks,

Joe

Congratulations on taking the plunge. So how does the wife like it?

Mustang_ed.JPG.c736f20ea230b93fa5ec8efe2815264f.JPG

1973 Mustang Hardtop 351C 2V

2010 Harley-Davidson Street Bob

2002 Excursion 7.3L Diesel

Congratulations, Joe. Sounds like you have the same issue with your wife as the Carb you mentioned on your test drive. I'd recommend the same fix - just get her out on the road, and she'll warm up just fine.

Mark

Congratulations, Joe. Sounds like you have the same issue with your wife as the Carb you mentioned on your test drive. I'd recommend the same fix - just get her out on the road, and she'll warm up just fine.

Mark

:goodpost: Mark, and congratulations, Joe! Ask as many questions as you want - that's what we're all about.

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Gotta love the Keystone Klassic wheels - very 70's.

I always liked the Keystone Klassic's back in the 70's; still do!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg