73 Mach1 on Ebay looks nice but ........

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
blue73mach.JPGhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-FASTBACK-1-4-73-Mach1-351-Q-code-Cobra-Jet-4spd-ps-pwr-brakes-/220936022457?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3370d029b9

Let's play the what is "wrong" with this car game. Anything that is not "stock" or is missing gets pointed out.

Rear spoiler mounts way too tall.

No vacuum lines hooked up to ram air.

Tail pipe tips Pep Boys specials.

Screws in the door panels?

Missing tube from air cleaner to exhaust manifold

Wrong breather cap - no PVC hose

No crankcase breather hose.

Not sure what those rear shocks are from.

Air cleaner missing plastic snorkle piece

Exhaust system could fall off anytime soon.

Despite all this it is a pretty car and I guess the buyer will either overlook these things and spend the extra bucks to fix/change them.

The door panels are a shame though - perhaps the screws can be painted blue. :-/

PS - I'm not a perfectionist - just pretty picky. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
They state...The Ram-Air hood is functional and feeds cool air to the 4 barrel carburetor sealed under the factory air cleaner.

mmmmm No ram air for a 4bb in 1973 for one...And that is not the right air cleaner for a 1973 mach 1 4v....I still got my stock one...They mounted the power steering cooler up in the air..what the heck for?..That is weird!! Mine was under the pump out of the way...And been there sence the factory....Means it has the good saginaw steering box though.......The coil is mounted on the wrong side ....Horns moved around into weird spots...And thats just what i see right away that hasnt been pointed out yet..lol

Nice car thou...He should say fixed up than restored thou ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-FASTBACK-1-4-73-Mach1-351-Q-code-Cobra-Jet-4spd-ps-pwr-brakes-/220936022457?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3370d029b9

Let's play the what is "wrong" with this car game. Anything that is not "stock" or is missing gets pointed out.

Despite all this it is a pretty car and I guess the buyer will either overlook these things and spend the extra bucks to fix/change them.

The door panels are a shame though - perhaps the screws can be painted blue. :-/

Man I hope you dont start going over my car, not enough space on here for that

They state...The Ram-Air hood is functional and feeds cool air to the 4 barrel carburetor sealed under the factory air cleaner.

mmmmm No ram air for a 4bb in 1973 for one...And that is not the right air cleaner for a 1973 mach 1 4v....I still got my stock one...They mounted the power steering cooler up in the air..what the heck for?..That is weird!! Mine was under the pump out of the way...And been there sence the factory....Means it has the good saginaw steering box though.......The coil is mounted on the wrong side ....Horns moved around into weird spots...And thats just what i see right away that hasnt been pointed out yet..lol

Nice car thou...He should say fixed up than restored thou ;)
Very strange indeed, what you say that about the p.s. cooler. I have a '73 and my mother bought it new in '73. Mine sits in exactly the same place, now I have a 302 2v but it may not be be too weird...maybe that's where it was placed from the factory, mine WAS. In fact IIRC in the shop manuals I have it's shown in that position.

Very strange indeed, what you say that about the p.s. cooler. I have a '73 and my mother bought it new in '73. Mine sits in exactly the same place, now I have a 302 2v but it may not be be too weird...maybe that's where it was placed from the factory, mine WAS. In fact IIRC in the shop manuals I have it's shown in that position.

Their description in the ad:

Marti-Auto Works documented 1 of 4 1973 Mach 1 Mustangs treated to a recent professional restoration. Equipped with a rare Q-Code 351 Cobra Jet V-8 and a 4-speed transmission. It features the correct colors, fabrics, trim, and stripes. The Ram-Air hood is functional and feeds cool air to the 4 barrel carburetor sealed under the factory air cleaner.

The ram air is not connected (no vacuum hoses) so how can it work properly? A professional restoration would not have so many missing and incorrect items. The PS cooler looks correct. One horn is missing or in the wrong place. The F60-14 spare is the wrong size (should be F70-14), I have judged cars like this per an owners request by MCA rules and they get all mad because they buy a car and assume it is 100% correct (remember that word "professional") and they get all pissy at me like it's my fault. I'm just trying to point out some things to a potential buyer that may or may not bother them. As I said the paint and bodywork look beautiful but I think with a little more time and effort this would be a very nice driven concours level car - with a new exhaust system of course. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustang-FASTBACK-1-4-73-Mach1-351-Q-code-Cobra-Jet-4spd-ps-pwr-brakes-/220936022457?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3370d029b9

Man I hope you dont start going over my car, not enough space on here for that
Lol, you can hide yours with mine.

guess what i realised? We both right!! there is no way in hell they could mount my powersteering cooling up in the air like that...Cause mine come stock with AC....With AC there is no room to put it up there....So i bet all AC cobrajets have there powersteering cooler mounted under the pump like mine.

guess what i realised? We both right!! there is no way in hell they could mount my powersteering cooling up in the air like that...Cause mine come stock with AC....With AC there is no room to put it up there....So i bet all AC cobrajets have there powersteering cooler mounted under the pump like mine.
Here's how mine was mounted from the factory, '73 Q code with air.

Steve

mach1d.jpg

Weird...Ill have to take a pick of mine....it was so dirty too from never being moved..I didnt think mine had one..till i found it under the powersteering pump...Ill have to double check and see if its factory nuts holding it on...some one could of moved mine at some point...But it sure looked factory cause it fit there too well..lol

mine was mounted a bit like this..but much better...I guess some one moved mine lol http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3276/3024589337_483f454ea5.jpg Its a dodge thou...lol

Back