How did you find 7173Mustangs.com?

RocketFoot

How did you find 7173Mustangs.com?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find 7173Mustangs.com?

• Link from another website
    • Word of mouth
    • Google/Search Engine
    • Other (list in post)

Question

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I found your thread on one of the mustang forums i think it was mustangforums.com

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

I was wandering around VMF and I think it was GreenGold73 who pointed me in this direction. Thanks, GreenGold73!

You already know how I feel about this place.:P

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

You sent me a PM on another site about the build sheets I found under the carpet of my 71--suggested I join and post them over here.

BTW--thanks for starting this site--these are the red headed stepchildren of the Mustang to be sure and its hard getting info on alot of other sites. Site is filling up with great info every day.

I saw it in the mach1club.com and the VMF forums!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I saw Rocketfoot's post on VMF when he started and figured it would be fun.

every site you go on for mustangs from 1971 to 1979 you are looked down on. When you start asking questions on this era 71-73 you get lots of bad information, or they start throwing you info on 1970 mustangs.

The books and reference material are very light on subject as well. you grab some new 1000 page Restoration guide that claims 1964-1973 mustangs, then you discover the last 5 pages is information regarding 71-73 cars. its only been the last 5 years i have seen a real surge in parts and information that is slowing bringing our mustang body generation up to the level of the early cars.

The magazines never cover 71-73 well, for everything i read in a mag they always make tons of mistakes or start to overlap information from earlier mustangs and just assume the 71-73 are the same and the information applies.

some forums are so anti later model mustangs that if you post anything about our cars you get flamed for ownership, VMF was pretty bad like that 6 years ago.

I don't know much, I'm an expert on one car in the universe the 72 sitting in my garage. I consider myself a novice mechanic at best. There are still mysteries that lay inside my engine and transmission i have yet to touch. We have a place now to grow information on our year cars, this site and a handful of others are spearheading the movement :D.

I agree that the other forums seemed to have a problem with our cars. You couldn't post a thread without someone mentioning that they thought these models where ugly.Like I have said before {Opinions are like A..holes everyone has one but no one wants to hear it.}:@

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

{Opinions are like A..holes everyone has one but no one wants to hear it.}:@

Permit me to fix your post:

Opinions are like A..holes, everyone has one and they all stink! :D

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg