MORE FLOOR PAN WORK--PICS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
As I posted in the other thread (what you did to your car today) We finished up the front toe board patch & rear torque box patch today.. SO I started fitting the new floor tonight..One thing you never want to do is make your final cut as the first cut..I always SNEAK UP on my final cuts..You can see in the last pic all the little pieces I removed to rough in the final cut Which I will do tomorrow..You can also notice by repairing the toe board I was able to retain the factory seam of where the toeboard meets the floor. The new replacement floors don't have that seam. Also notice how we taped up all the seams so none of the metal from grinding the welds gets in there to start the rust process all over...Well ,one more day or so & it should be in with a nice How to do your floors video to follow.

100_3202.JPG100_3203.JPG100_3207.JPG100_3208.JPG100_3212.JPG100_3211.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you mind showing which side (new or old metal) you use the edging rib tool before welding?
Mark..It goes on the floor pan side(New metal) The step is made so the new floor pan will allow the tunnel(old) to sit flush with the new(INSIDE THE STEP) LOOKING FROM UNDERNEATH THE CAR.

Scott, what tool do you use to cut & sneak up on the final cut?
Don,

I'm using this with my own blades I make from fine (high tooth count) hack saw blades

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-speed-metal-saw-91753.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you mind showing which side (new or old metal) you use the edging rib tool before welding?
Mark..It goes on the floor pan side(New metal) The step is made so the new floor pan will allow the tunnel(old) to sit flush with the new(INSIDE THE STEP) LOOKING FROM UNDERNEATH THE CAR.

Scott, what tool do you use to cut & sneak up on the final cut?
Don,

I'm using this with my own blades I make from fine (high tooth count) hack saw blades

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-speed-metal-saw-91753.html
Ahh, custom hack saw blades. Nice.

I'm about to start cutting out a floor pan and like the idea of a high tooth blade. Could you post a pic of one that you made from the hack saw blade? I'm assuming you just trimmed the blade down to the size you need or matched the size of a standard blade. Thanks.

I'm about to start cutting out a floor pan and like the idea of a high tooth blade. Could you post a pic of one that you made from the hack saw blade? I'm assuming you just trimmed the blade down to the size you need or matched the size of a standard blade. Thanks.
Don,

Just cut to the LENGTH you need the width should fit as is in the air saw blade holder lock down

Hi Q,

I am doing floor pan in my Mach 1 as well. I need to replace the driver's side rear torque box cover. Did you make your patch or start with a 69-70 patch?

Hi Q,

I am doing floor pan in my Mach 1 as well. I need to replace the driver's side rear torque box cover. Did you make your patch or start with a 69-70 patch?
I used the 67-68 top section if I remember or could have been 69-70 would have to look at my receipts file to confirm. anyway it was the top patch section that's available

Back