71 Mustang for the Low Low Price of $120,000.00

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice car & very nice work! But 120 large isn't happening on ebay that's a pipe dream. I checked all the other cars that the seller said sold for big $$$ that the restorer did..EVERY one was a Shelby. Money is all relative & for us regular folk ..That number is out of reach..On the other hand a celebrity who makes 5 mil for 1 film or a rich collector who must have that car 120 large is a piss in the bucket to them At least it's not like the other junk I've seen people ask the same kind of money for...If you really think about it..what it would cost you to have a car done to that level it's not to far off from the 120...He has to have at least minimum 70 large into it if not more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to pick nits...

"Zero shortcuts and zero excuses..."

The hood latch, shock tower caps, and hood hinges all appear to be painted silver, not phosphate and oil.

I went through the effort to do the latch and hinges correctly on my far from perfect mini-restoration because I did not want to see chipped paint after I opened the hood a few dozen times. I would hate to see paint chipping on those parts of this very elite car.

I would rather have this 89 Testarossa for 54K and use the balance for fuel, drinks and speeding tickets

15601a2_20.jpeg

Notice how the date stamp on the panels are preferably square and legible, none of mine are that nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see many mistakes

Lower black out paint is wrong in the door jamb

Has standard hood hinge springs

They show a date stamping on a sheet metal part

Stamped 10 15 2 on a car made in 1970 ?????

Missing dress up covers on center seat belt to floor bolt

Has a late 72 - 73 trunk lid

Inside of the trunk, quarter panels have no sound dearner sray lines

No markings in spare tire

I Hope he gets the 120k, then it makes ours worth more :) Q is right if I had to pay out what it would cost to do that and expect a return on investment then were right up there. But the feelings of driving our project's around after completion are what Visa would call "priceless". I often think of the first time I drove My Mach after we painted it in 1982 and cruising town in it for the first time watching people stop and check it out. I remember parking in the school parking lot to talk to a couple friends (I was 16) and some older guys came by and just drove by real slow ... well thats the definition of this worlds "priceless". That day will come again for my old friend Mach 1, IT WILL COME AGAIN !!

Fire sale, price dropped to 119,900!

"Has a late 72 - 73 trunk lid"

Don, can you tell me what the difference is between early and late trunk lids is? I never knew there were two different ones. Good to know.

~Jim

Back