New Member - 1971 Mach1 RestoMod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Hi all I’m Steve. I’m new to this site. I am currently restomodding a 71 mach1 Any info, advice or discussion about these cars would be greatly appreciated. I sometimes think I’m the only person in the world that loves these mustangs. Every time I meet another mustang fan, I always hear the same thing……Why didn’t you do a 69, 68, 67? Don’t get me wrong I love them and all, it’s just the 71 is my favorite. I was so excited to see a site just for the 71-73. Here are a few pics of my car. I have been working on it for years now. It should be done by now but the economy sucks.

2machs.jpg

This is when I first got the car. (The pic looks alot better than what the car actually looked like)

PICT0649.jpg

Tear down before soda blasting

100_0261.jpg

100_0259.jpg

pict011.jpg

pict042.jpg

Tremec TKO 600 Lakewood Belhousing

pict041.jpg

13 1/2" slotted rotors on all four corners. QA1 adjustable shocks and Comp Engineering slide-a-link traction bars. (By using these each has 2 mounts so you can retain your staggard shocks.)

pict039.jpg

Currie crate rearend darrowed 2" on both sides

pict014.jpg

460 stroked to 521. All roller 429 cobra jet heads

pict005.jpg

pict044.jpg

17x8 Vintage Wheel works, all grab a track front suspension 1" drop. Wheels have been powdered coated a dark gray in the middle.

pict043.jpg

17x9 1/2 Custom offset with a 315-35-17 when the vehicle sits on the ground the wheel tucks nicely in the wheel well. I am also running grab a track 1" drop leaf springs in the back

022-1.jpg

021.jpg

013-2.jpg

014-1.jpg

trailer1.jpg

trailer2.jpg

gauge.jpg

First look at the gauges done by Redline Gauge Works

Hi Steve. Welcome to the club! You are definitely in the right place.

Wow, great project you've got there. You should get a garage set up when you get a chance - we love to admire pics.

Glad to have you here!

Doc

::welcome:: from NY and to the site, don't let the other "classic mustang" folks bother you about the 71-73s their loss is our gain:D

AJ

Welcome, and 'ditto' to what Machman said about the other Mustang guys. They can all fight over the pre-'71s... just means more for us!

Now... about that cool-ass '69 in the first pic - SWEET!

Welcome from Buffalo, N.Y.,,,,,,What a super nice,, nasty , Son Of A !!!!! you have there........ Please keep us posted on your project. In my opinion, the 71-73 Mustangs are the best of the best, dont care what anyone else says about them. Keep up the good work on an awsome car.

::welcome:: looks like a fun one. Lots of everything here from modifiers to totally stockers, but we all get along. Seems there is room to coexist after all. LOL enjoy the site

Welcome to the site from another Virginian! Looks like you have come a long way. Keep us updated on your progress.

Welcome from South Alabama! I love these cars too. You can tell by my sig which years I like the best. 71 is my all time favorite.

Welcome to the forums from Latrobe, PA! Glad to have you aboard!!

::welcome::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back