Global West Negative camber

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71lagstang

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Sportsroof, 351C-4V, 4-speed
Anyone install Global West negative camber upper control arms? I am very interested, but not crazy about drilling holes in the shock towers. Looking at where the new holes would be located sure doesn't look safe structurally. The holes are not in a reinforced area, maybe (2) layers of sheetmetal.

TCP upper control arms are available with a drop bracket, same effect using the factory holes. I just don't like paying for the adjustable contorl arm, seems it would make it weak or come loose.

Marlos has a nice modified stock a-arm with bronze bushings, but it is a stock arm, no camber improvement and it cost almost as much as the GW and TCP.

May just go back stock, but I sure would like to improve the front end. I am looking at Mustang Plus' Grab-a-Trak or Street Heat suspension kits for springs, sway bars and shocks.

What have you guys gone with?

On my '72 Grande (472 BBF), I went with the 620 shocks on the front with 1 1/8' swaybar and KYB shocks. I have the extra leaf on the back along with a 3/4" swaybar and KYB shock.

Keep in mind though that this is with big block motivation. The Grande is currently at the "Painters" so I probably won't be posting up pictures for another month or so.

BT

Have you checked out dr gas? http://drgas.mybisi.com/product/mustangcougar-negative-wedge-kit

I got that kit because of the cost of the tubular upper control arms. The kit came with backing plates which probably make it a little stronger and then I double nutted the upper control arm bolts since there was a few extra threads. I sure wanted to go with the tubular contol arms also but no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for everyone's input.

Robotec1 you have me thinking. If I go ahead and get some good a-arms now, like Marlos with the bronze bushings for the pivot shaft, I could come back later and make the wedge modification. Just have to make sure they are the 3-bolt.

Hmmm, I gonna need to think about this some more. I am dying to get the stang back on its feet though.

Thanks

Hey just went to Mustang Plus's website and they have the wedge kit also, but for 3 or 4 bolt UCA's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back