Howdy

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
351c 2v
Edelbrock 4bbl, Performer Intake
Ram-Air
Pertronix Electronic Ignition
Howdy all,

Kyle Herber originally from New Braunfels, Texas. Did 4 years enlisted Navy before putting in a package to the Naval Academy in December 2007. Classed up with USNA 2012 and am due to graduate in May '12. Enough about me though.

My car is a '73 Mach 1 H-code, Ivy Metallic Glow and a proud survivor. She has 47170 miles (bought with 46,870) and still wears her original paint. The only mos to the engine are the typical intake, carb and air cleaner as well as I put in a Pertronix ignition system. As soon as I get some pictures I like I will add them to this post or the Gallery, but for now my facebook album will do which you can find HERE. I already can think of one question and have many more to follow. Thanks in advance.

-Kyle

Last edited by a moderator:
WELCOME aboard, Kyle!

Annapolis holds fond memories for me as my wife and I were married there during a tour of duty I had with the NSA.

I look forward to interacting with you on the forums.

Again, WELCOME!!

BT

Welcome to a great site with great people. Be careful, it seems to be addicting. Thank you for serving our country. So you will be a mustang that also owns a mustang. Hang in there.

Chuck

USAF 73-77

Welcome to the forums! Great looking Stang you have there! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

As promised, the pictures are up in the gallery, as well as the Garage
A great looking Mach 1. Did you search a long time to find a car in that condition? Please don't tell me you "found it in a barn". I never find a great one in a barn.

Chuck

Hehe, no it was more of an old garage... Barn implies it was used for something to do with farm/ranch to me. This was just an old building with a covered car in it.

Hehe, no it was more of an old garage... Barn implies it was used for something to do with farm/ranch to me. This was just an old building with a covered car in it.
I don't mean to pry, AK, but can you share a few more details? Something like, "There I was, looking for the dentist's office, when I walked into the wrong building and, son-of-a-gun, there was a tarp-covered object in the back corner. Taped to the outside was a business card of a lawyer. I called the number and was told it was an old Ford and the previous owner had recently passed away, and they were trying to get it towed to the junk yard. Five minutes later, you had her hooked up to a tow truck headed home." Anything like that? :p

Doc

I wish it was that dramatic. I was cruising Craigslist and saw some not too pretty pictures. But since I was looking for cars of the era and willing to do the work, I decided to go up and take a look. Lo and behold the holy grail of finds (for me) was sitting in this garage. The original owner had gotten injured and couldn't pay this contractor doing work for him. Gave him the car for payment and the contractor having no value for a hunk of metal as opposed to money sold it to me. WIN! And so it came to pass that I found it on craigslist and tucked away.

In my defense of my position as opposed to the original owner. He had not registered the car since 1995 and had little time to even mess with it. Given it was his baby for 37 years, now it is mine and I can only hope that I can make it last that long.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. It wasn't technically in a barn. Other than that it sounds an awful lot like a "barn find" to me. I never find anything on Craig's list. The gods were smiling on you that day. Good luck with your improvements. If I can help, let me know.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back