Cowl or no cowl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71_Stang

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang - project car
I was trying to decide on using a m1 hood or just using my factory straight hood when I ran across a member's car in this forum...

4rtag8.jpg

I really like the way this cowl hood looks. It's obvious our mustangs have longer hoods than any other mustang generation (probably the longest hood of almost any car!). This hood breaks up the enormous surface area, and makes the hood not appear as long, IMHO.

Do you think this was molded in from a universal fiberglass cowl? Or are these hoods for sale? Do you like the look?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen one for sale like this so the owner might have made it himslf unless it was some type of kit?

I'm not too fond of the look as I like the appearence of the long hood on these cars as it makes them look sleek & fast even standing still but to each his own as aestetics are a personal choice.

Looks like a stock hood with a fiberglass scoop grafted on, mar-glass works great....

IMHO, it does add something to the coupe, maybe with a few tweaks... as for a fastback, gotta be a Mach hood to me
X4, to me the NASA hood is bad ass, it' hard to improve upon perfection but like Tnfastbk said "it's your car" do what makes "you" smile.

I'm like most of the others; I like the original style hood and the NASA style. But I'm 100% in agreement to modify it the way you like it. That is one of the keys to Mustang ownership; they are made to be customized.

I'm not too fond of the look as I like the appearence of the long hood on these cars as it makes them look sleek & fast even standing still but to each his own as aestetics are a personal choice.
Well put, Machman. I, too, prefer the long uninterrupted lines of my 'vert. To each his (or her) own. :)

Doc

Just to clarify. The Black one I posted the pic of is not the dominator.. It was a car that was 4 sale in tenn. and it stated the hood was made by someone else but I could never find anything on them. I personaly liked it because the sides were more rounded than the dominator and seemed to work better with the round nature of the nasa hood curves.

Ive been wanting to play with one and see what I could do, BUT am not about to start cutting on my NOS Nasa hood. Maybe some day I"ll find one that isnt to good and then I can play.

NASA hood,of course is against the law to mess with:cool:
Oh boy I'm in trouble:(

Guess the NASA hood police are going to be knocking at my door rofl

100_2225.JPG

Ive been wanting to play with one and see what I could do, BUT am not about to start cutting on my NOS Nasa hood. Maybe some day I"ll find one that isnt to good and then I can play.
Hey Pappy I'm with you on that NO WAY I was going to start cutting up a brand new oem nasa hood..Just buy an aftermarket like I did..They are one of the better aftermarket repro pieces..They fit pretty darn good ! So my plan is to have 2 hoods..The oem nasa & my modified aftermarket nasa.

100_2214.JPG

Back