71 Shelby

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndoe000

Reaction score
My Car
1973 restomod fastback
Saw this video of a "what might have been" 1971 fastback done up like a Shelby. The car actually looks pretty good! Thought I'd share, check it out.

A friend of mine here in Tulsa just made his own taillight panel, cutting out the flat section of the original, and did the same thing. It really wasn't a big project and looks good.

Looks like it has Shelby's autograph on the stripe, behind the door. I wonder if that's one of the 14 Shelby Europas.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_0505_14_shelby_europa_mustangs_euro_european_mustang/viewall.html
It´s not, although the guy sorta claims it is. The VINs of the Shelby Europas are known and this isn´t one of them.

I had email contact with the guy and the car is (was) for sale.

It somehow got registered under the Shelby name, though.

All aside, the car looks very good and the workmanship involved is top notch.

shelbyeuropaconvertibles_1_23729639.jpgI doubt it's one of the Europras - the stripe is all wrong and if you look at the Monthly Monthly article you'll see other differences.

The Shelby Europas were striped with unique side decals, produced in Belgium, one with GT350 lettering and the other with GT500. The grille emblem was basically the same as found on '70 Shelbys. The emblem was also attached to convertible rear quarters and fastback C-pillars. A special Shelby snake-embossed gas cap was also used. The fog lights are square white one versus the yellow ones. The tail lights were stock - no Shelby ones.

Read more: http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_0505_14_shelby_europa_mustangs_euro_european_mustang/viewall.html#ixzz1mVTW673d

Looks like it has Shelby's autograph on the stripe, behind the door. I wonder if that's one of the 14 Shelby Europas.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_0505_14_shelby_europa_mustangs_euro_european_mustang/viewall.html
It´s not, although the guy sorta claims it is. The VINs of the Shelby Europas are known and this isn´t one of them.

I had email contact with the guy and the car is (was) for sale.

It somehow got registered under the Shelby name, though.

All aside, the car looks very good and the workmanship involved is top notch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww man, now this is the (almost) perfect color scheme for my own 71 Mach 1 restomod! :wub:

Except I would probably do it with a 1969 Boss hood scoop, rear spoiler, and 1971 Mach 1 Argent Silver stripes and hood with that Kona Blue. Found the site and their Facebook page. Downloaded all their pics of the "Shelby". *drool*

Rich

I thought about doing a Shelby Europa clone with my car, but I think too many people would bash it because they already have seen the car with Mach 1 decals on it.

Maybe in a future car I might do it. That or an exact Eleanor clone.

I think for a possible design of a 73 shelby, the hood/rood/lid stripes are too much and makes it unbelievable...

If you look at what VAMACH1 said, in the matter of design it is pretty obvious that there is something wrong... It is too much as i said... like a mixture of the decals of all mustang shelbys...

Anyhow... as we all say, anyone can make the car of its dreams, that is the only way to do things... but DON'T LIE on a sale...

Back