New to me work car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnfastbk

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
Ok folks my 95 Maxima is still running great but had the itch to get something new/used for work. Well found this one on our classifieds at work and bought it. The problem is I know absolutely nothing about them. Just that they are expensive to work on. But when I sell my Nissan I will be in it right. it a 2001 with 81000. My Maxima has about 100,000 more. Any info?????????

SAAB.jpg

Is that a Saab? It looks nice. My son in law has one and likes it pretty well. His is a 4 door. He had to replace the power steering pump. It was not too bad, he did it himself. If I recall correctly it was driven from the end of the cam. I helped him with brakes. It used bolts instead of nuts for the wheel lugs.

Is that a Saab? It looks nice. My son in law has one and likes it pretty well. His is a 4 door. He had to replace the power steering pump. It was not too bad, he did it himself. If I recall correctly it was driven from the end of the cam. I helped him with brakes. It used bolts instead of nuts for the wheel lugs.
It is a Saab vert

Roy, you are a trusting soul posting that up on here! :-/

Just kidding, we know where your heart truly lies, even though GM owned Saab... Doh! :p

I was going to have to ask what it was, so glad Rcode did! Hope you get many good miles out of it.

My cousins have only bought SAABs for themselves and their two daughters. He's a wrench head ex-gas pump jockey who has been with NASA (aerospace engineer) for about 25 years. He does all the work himself on the cars and loves them.

No downers mine came from a private owner, so no warranty, and I already knew the company was shutting down. So we will see

Roy, you are a trusting soul posting that up on here! :-/

Just kidding, we know where your heart truly lies, even though GM owned Saab... Doh! :p

I was going to have to ask what it was, so glad Rcode did! Hope you get many good miles out of it.
Aint Skeerd, should have heard what my uncle told me about it. Cant repeat cause it is a family show type thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy.... its a Saab....aero engineering.... good thing they didnt put wings on it. An awesome concept....just never hit the market....so they never made the dependability list. I'd buy one....for the right LOW price.:D

At least its a vert!

There isn't very many Saab's in Canada

I think you have a soft spot for the pewter paint color

A friend of mine has had at least 4 saabs and loves them. He said they like to snap coil springs. It looks very nice.

A friend of mine has had at least 4 saabs and loves them. He said they like to snap coil springs. It looks very nice.
That happened to My son in law's Saab. It was just making a noise and did not handle badly when it happened.

That happened to My son in law's Saab. It was just making a noise and did not handle badly when it happened.
Yeah it happened to him a couple of times and now it looks lowered and handle a little better. One time when he came over he went to the wheel well and pulled out the broken chunk and threw it away, while saying "don't need that".

Back