VIDEO-DENT REPAIR 101 PART 2

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Q

I have seen these shrinking disk but never used one, had I not seen this I would have used a torch like you said in the video.

I will have to get one now.

looked on Eastwood site for a shrinking disk and can't find one.

They have a how to use a shrinking disk video though!

Anyone know where to get one.

Nice video. I've seen a disc that had flaps or serrations but not one like you are using.

I picked up a couple of doors near chicago a week and a half ago. I was doing some deep inspections on them today and they are really nice (no rust)except for some old damage on the passenger door. They have used pull rods so i will have 6 or so holes to weld shut but Im going to use this shrinking disk method to repair the dents. I have access to a stud gun but need to buy the disk. Like you said Q, I've done a lot of body work but I have never used a shrinking disk. I didn't know they existed before seeing your posting a while back.. I think I will dent up the Junk doors to practice before using on this good door. Thanks for the video and post Q

I picked up a couple of doors near chicago a week and a half ago. I was doing some deep inspections on them today and they are really nice (no rust)except for some old damage on the passenger door. They have used pull rods so i will have 6 or so holes to weld shut but Im going to use this shrinking disk method to repair the dents. I have access to a stud gun but need to buy the disk. Like you said Q, I've done a lot of body work but I have never used a shrinking disk. I didn't know they existed before seeing your posting a while back.. I think I will dent up the Junk doors to practice before using on this good door. Thanks for the video and post Q
Cool...the more I use mine the more I love it..Fantastic tool...I'm in the middle of doing my plastic work..had a few high spots..most would tap down..just hit them with the disc & gone..

Do you have both sizes or just the larger size, Im think I would be fine with the larger size. Are the backing plate for the disk special or can I use what I have already for my Grinding disks. Thanks for your info

Do you have both sizes or just the larger size, Im think I would be fine with the larger size. Are the backing plate for the disk special or can I use what I have already for my Grinding disks. Thanks for your info
I have both sizes for the small one I got his backing plate..for the big one I had a backing disc I think I got at home depot...

Back