PICS-PICS-PICS 410 OF THEM !

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Last edited by a moderator:
WOW !! Q,, You definately have one hell of a reconstruction project going on with your Mustang.......When I see all the work involved with your car,, I am so glad my car is from Southern California!!

WOW Scott, your car was pretty rough! It's good there was sentimental value there.
I've seen & repaired worse... It's really amazing to look at the photos (I'm even like, are you out of your *&%$#ing mind) since it's so easy to forget how much work it really took..Yep the sentimental value & the fact it's a numbers matching 4 speed q code is THE ONLY REASON why she lives ! Thats why I keep saying too..After all the cars I've done rust repair on in the course of over 25 years of doing this..THIS IS IT FOR ME !! NEW Dynacorn shell here I come ::chili::

On the other hand its a great feeling being able to show case what I can really do, & stuffing it in the butt of the so called pro's (numerous shops) who said the car couldn't be fixed !

WOW !! Q,, You definately have one hell of a reconstruction project going on with your Mustang.......When I see all the work involved with your car,, I am so glad my car is from Southern California!!
Lucky you C !:dodgy:

Thanks Q,

I'm gonna check out that link next time I work the graveyard shift. That'll help me pass some time!

:)

[align=center]

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Today!

[/align]

You definitely should be proud of bringing the Q code back from the dead!

Gotta love Photobucket for a great data base. That's where I keep hundreds of photos of the work on my 73. It's easy to copy and post into threads here to help explain an answer.

WOW Scott, your car was pretty rough! It's good there was sentimental value there.
On the other hand its a great feeling being able to show case what I can really do, & stuffing it in the butt of the so called pro's (numerous shops) who said the car couldn't be fixed !
It's hard to believe that as nice as yours is coming along, it was once as rough as mine. Just goes to show what determination can do - especially so when you have naysayers to deal with.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures as you get it closer to shiny and running!

Now that's a labor or love, great work!

I had friend do the same type of major rebuild on his 67 Mustang, spent two years, untold hours and more money then he could keep track of building it exactly the way he had always dreamed of, the first time he took it out for a breakin cruise, it was stolen and never recovered.

I had friend do the same type of major rebuild on his 67 Mustang, spent two years, untold hours and more money then he could keep track of building it exactly the way he had always dreamed of, the first time he took it out for a breakin cruise, it was stolen and never recovered.
:mad:

Thanks JJ ...Well a few things going into mine..1 hidden battery disconnect with removable key. Lojack.. Owner with 9mm in holster...& that car will never ever be out eyes distance where ever I take it!

[align=center]

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Today!

[/align]

You definitely should be proud of bringing the Q code back from the dead!

Gotta love Photobucket for a great data base. That's where I keep hundreds of photos of the work on my 73. It's easy to copy and post into threads here to help explain an answer.
Thanks Mike..Yes the reason I did the photobucket upload was I fiqured it was time to have a double backup with so many pics..

Thanks Q,

I'm gonna check out that link next time I work the graveyard shift. That'll help me pass some time!

:)
Thanks Mike..Yep that will definitely help pass some time !

It's hard to believe that as nice as yours is coming along, it was once as rough as mine. Just goes to show what determination can do - especially so when you have naysayers to deal with.

Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures as you get it closer to shiny and running!
To be honest Eric..I think yours was worse :whistling:

Your right ,never let the naysayers bring you down. As I tell my son..A Winner never quits & a quitter never wins !

You are doing a great job! Where did you learn the welding skills? awesome. Cool body jig you put together. The new old stock radiator support. McLaughlin Ford in New Milford Conn. I know where that dealership is! I grew up in Ridgefield Conn.

Keep going withe car, don't give up!

You are doing a great job! Where did you learn the welding skills? awesome. Cool body jig you put together. The new old stock radiator support. McLaughlin Ford in New Milford Conn. I know where that dealership is! I grew up in Ridgefield Conn.

Keep going withe car, don't give up!
Thanks SG ! I've been doing auto body work since I'm 16 years old ! & had over 25 years in the A/B business..Yep lots of N.O.S. parts on this car.. If you look at the sticker 1989 ! At that time you could still get tons of n.o.s. parts right from ford..If you know that dealership than you know right down the road was Andy's Auto Coach Works..I worked there for 4 years ..So on my lunch Hours I would head over to the ford dealer & order parts every few weeks..I knew one day I would put the car right & I'm glad I had the foresight to buy those parts when I did ! N.O.S. fenders..otrs..rad support..aprons..hood ...and a ton more parts I have ! Small world I'm located actually right on the Ridgefield boarder..& if you grew up in Ridgefield than you know Ridgefield B.M.W. I ran their body shop for 5 years..As I tell my son a Winner never quits & a loser never wins !

sir, you really deserve a hats off~and seems just to have earned a 73 credit reputation and a professional rapport. Would it be out of place to get an answer to a question to how long on a part or full time basis it to restore or resto/mod on it? Mine floundered on an unecessary 6 years and 3 times the exhorbitant costs then a serious 3 years full time ln shops to finally complete to make the march COTM for next year. I am embarrassed to what was spent on it just to find out my body on the drivers side is not to strongly attached to the frame.

Back