Hello from Texas

jeremycfr

Howdy from Texas. I am in the process of restoring my dad’s 1971 fastback. He bought the car new and had it before he had me (something he would remind me of when I came home late). It is amazing how much money we have already put in to the car and how much we still have to go. It also suprises me how hard it is to find some parts.

Glad places like this are out there to bring us together.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

::welcome:: From San Diego. Us members like to see pics so feel free to post some when you can. Their is some great parts vendors and guys with parts cars here. I'm sure you will find the parts you need.Their is a great bunch of guys here that are most willing to help with your project. Just one thing this site is addicting. You have been warned.:P

- Mike

Welcome to the site. Are you doing a resto or restomod?

To some degree. I am going to replace the hood whith a NASA hood, adding a TAC, and a few other items. Mostly it is to my taste. The car is a family member and so not for sale. We decided early on that we would keep orginal where we could and change other things that we did not like. For example, the car was orginally green. I did not like the color and it will not be returning to green.

Welcome from washington state...And the parts list are starting to get better thank god...So many replacements coming out you couldnt get 10 years ago.

Thank goodness. The funny thing is that I have already seen it happen (started this process in August). I was looking for a new heater box that was not sold aftermarket. An aftermarket version is about to come on the market in the next couple of months.

::welcome:: From San Diego. Us members like to see pics so feel free to post some when you can. Their is some great parts vendors and guys with parts cars here. I'm sure you will find the parts you need.Their is a great bunch of guys here that are most willing to help with your project. Just one thing this site is addicting. You have been warned.:P

I have already met some pretty wonderful people. It has been a pretty positive experience.

Is there a support group for Mustang addiction? lol

WELCOME aboard!

As I am sure you have noticed, there are a LOT of kindred spirits here when it comes to "keeping" our 1971 - 1973 Mustangs.

Please do not hesitate to participate on any thread where you feel you can provide some insight or have additional questions. There is PLENTY to keep you busy:)!

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

Green looks good on these cars.

That is what my dad kept telling me. I am just not a fan of the green. Until the early 80s Texas did not have a seatbelt law and so we often rode on the warm "hump". I remember the green very well.

WELCOME aboard!

As I am sure you have noticed, there are a LOT of kindred spirits here when it comes to "keeping" our 1971 - 1973 Mustangs.

Please do not hesitate to participate on any thread where you feel you can provide some insight or have additional questions. There is PLENTY to keep you busy:)!

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

BT

Thank you very much!

Great pics....She looks like a keeper...I like the red head stangs as you can tell ..lol...Btw...What type of options does she have? Ever get a marti report done on your stang?

I know what options she had because my dad was the orginal owner and we have all of the original paperwork. We were driving her until 93 or 94 when I went off to college. I am just now at a point where I can afford a resoration process. I am going to make some changes to her that I know will not be stock. Going for the red with black stripes also.

::welcome:: From East Tn

Thank you

Ahem! Green's not all that bad! :P Welcome from North Carolina! ::welcome::

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

Thank goodness. The funny thing is that I have already seen it happen (started this process in August). I was looking for a new heater box that was not sold aftermarket. An aftermarket version is about to come on the market in the next couple of months.

Welcome from Washington State, I'm also a proud owner of a 1971 money pit! Concerning the aftermarket heater box apparently CJpony already has them available.

Jim

M code 71 Mach 1, 351 4V Cleveland, Ram Air (not factory), C6 Trans, 3.5 rear

Ahem! Green's not all that bad! :P Welcome from North Carolina! ::welcome::

:) Not all shades, just was not for me. I am still suprised he allowed me to change it.

Welcome from Washington State, I'm also a proud owner of a 1971 money pit! Concerning the aftermarket heater box apparently CJpony already has them available.

Thanks. It appears that their status went from coming soon to "In Stock" over the weekend. I had already found one, but it is nice to see that there is another option.

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin.

Thank you!

You are quite welcome. That 302 is looking pretty good, by the way.

Jayson

504x177https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4398/36319488731_8f2a376549_z.jpg[/img]

73 Mach 1 Mustang

89 Dodge Shadow ES

94 Jeep Wrangler

Welcome aboard from Wisconsin.

Thank you!

I cannot wait to hear it roar again. Except for some minor painting or cleaning, the engine is finished. I am waiting for a body guy to get me in line to have her painted. Then I will put the engine back in.

Thank you!

I cannot wait to hear it roar again. Except for some minor painting or cleaning, the engine is finished. I am waiting for a body guy to get me in line to have her painted. Then I will put the engine back in.

good luck with painters Jail

I know what options she had because my dad was the orginal owner and we have all of the original paperwork. We were driving her until 93 or 94 when I went off to college. I am just now at a point where I can afford a resoration process. I am going to make some changes to her that I know will not be stock. Going for the red with black stripes also.

::welcome:: From East Tn

Very cool...Going hocky style stripes? Or big 73 stripes like on mine? And are ya keeping the original hood on it or going the nasa ram air style?

Welcome to the site from Virginia! Sounds like you have planned out the way you want it done. Keep us posted with progress reports and pictures.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg