Hello from Texas

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback
2017 Fastback
Howdy from Texas. I am in the process of restoring my dad’s 1971 fastback. He bought the car new and had it before he had me (something he would remind me of when I came home late). It is amazing how much money we have already put in to the car and how much we still have to go. It also suprises me how hard it is to find some parts.

Glad places like this are out there to bring us together.

Welcome from washington state...And the parts list are starting to get better thank god...So many replacements coming out you couldnt get 10 years ago.

::welcome:: From San Diego. Us members like to see pics so feel free to post some when you can. Their is some great parts vendors and guys with parts cars here. I'm sure you will find the parts you need.Their is a great bunch of guys here that are most willing to help with your project. Just one thing this site is addicting. You have been warned.:p

Welcome to the site. Are you doing a resto or restomod?
To some degree. I am going to replace the hood whith a NASA hood, adding a TAC, and a few other items. Mostly it is to my taste. The car is a family member and so not for sale. We decided early on that we would keep orginal where we could and change other things that we did not like. For example, the car was orginally green. I did not like the color and it will not be returning to green.

Welcome from washington state...And the parts list are starting to get better thank god...So many replacements coming out you couldnt get 10 years ago.
Thank goodness. The funny thing is that I have already seen it happen (started this process in August). I was looking for a new heater box that was not sold aftermarket. An aftermarket version is about to come on the market in the next couple of months.

::welcome:: From San Diego. Us members like to see pics so feel free to post some when you can. Their is some great parts vendors and guys with parts cars here. I'm sure you will find the parts you need.Their is a great bunch of guys here that are most willing to help with your project. Just one thing this site is addicting. You have been warned.:p
I have already met some pretty wonderful people. It has been a pretty positive experience.

Is there a support group for Mustang addiction? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
WELCOME aboard!

As I am sure you have noticed, there are a LOT of kindred spirits here when it comes to "keeping" our 1971 - 1973 Mustangs.

Please do not hesitate to participate on any thread where you feel you can provide some insight or have additional questions. There is PLENTY to keep you busy:)!

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

BT

Green looks good on these cars.
That is what my dad kept telling me. I am just not a fan of the green. Until the early 80s Texas did not have a seatbelt law and so we often rode on the warm "hump". I remember the green very well.

WELCOME aboard!

As I am sure you have noticed, there are a LOT of kindred spirits here when it comes to "keeping" our 1971 - 1973 Mustangs.

Please do not hesitate to participate on any thread where you feel you can provide some insight or have additional questions. There is PLENTY to keep you busy:)!

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums.

BT
Thank you very much!

Great pics....She looks like a keeper...I like the red head stangs as you can tell ..lol...Btw...What type of options does she have? Ever get a marti report done on your stang?

Great pics....She looks like a keeper...I like the red head stangs as you can tell ..lol...Btw...What type of options does she have? Ever get a marti report done on your stang?
I know what options she had because my dad was the orginal owner and we have all of the original paperwork. We were driving her until 93 or 94 when I went off to college. I am just now at a point where I can afford a resoration process. I am going to make some changes to her that I know will not be stock. Going for the red with black stripes also.

::welcome:: From East Tn
Thank you

Thank goodness. The funny thing is that I have already seen it happen (started this process in August). I was looking for a new heater box that was not sold aftermarket. An aftermarket version is about to come on the market in the next couple of months.

Welcome from Washington State, I'm also a proud owner of a 1971 money pit! Concerning the aftermarket heater box apparently CJpony already has them available.

Ahem! Green's not all that bad! :p Welcome from North Carolina! ::welcome::
:) Not all shades, just was not for me. I am still suprised he allowed me to change it.

Welcome from Washington State, I'm also a proud owner of a 1971 money pit! Concerning the aftermarket heater box apparently CJpony already has them available.
Thanks. It appears that their status went from coming soon to "In Stock" over the weekend. I had already found one, but it is nice to see that there is another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back