71-73 A Pillar Interior Trim SCORE!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archifx

Reaction score
My Car
72' Mustang Fastback (Mach1 Wannabe :)
Hello friends. I finally found someone currently selling OEM replacement a pillar trim panels for the 71-73 Stang / Cougar. These fit and fit well! I made a full post with photos on my 72 Stang resto site. Check it out

The place is West Coast Classic Cougar. I am sure many of you already know that these guys are great, but for anyone looking for these little monsters, I paid $146.01 shipped to my door.

Looks like they are in great shape too!
Thanks! Yeah, I definitely lucked out on this parts score. I hope some of the other members of this community pick up a pair before he is out of stock.

Thanks! Yeah, I definitely lucked out on this parts score. I hope some of the other members of this community pick up a pair before he is out of stock.
Nice score ..You should check out my vid on how to prep & paint these types of parts...

Here's the results you can expect using this technique & products..& It will never peel ! Every single plastic part in the Camaro was done this way. Btw nice tip on the silver paint pen..I've been using them for years & that too was used on this car.

100_2549.JPG100_2506.JPG100_2563.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are for a convertible
They seem to fit nicely. I'll post an update ASAP

Nice score ..You should check out my vid on how to prep & paint these types of parts...

That looks DAMN GOOD! very very nice car! Thanks for the positive feedback!

convertible trim is actually the coupe trim with the top cut off.

It will have D1XX - 65XXXXX coupe number on it.

The top fits under the large chrome top latch / sunvisor bracket

The coupe one is longer than the fastback

The mustang coupe and cougar one are the same

Both coupe and fastback have 2 sections on the top that connect to the metal headliner trim.

If you use the vert one you will have about 1 -2 inch gap at the top L & R sides of the trim

Im working with MP products to have some fastback A-pillars molded AFTERMARKET, I need to send in a decent set to get reversed engineered, someone else at Mach1restoration.com posted a You Tube video they were going to send in a set but according to MP products they never did, these parts are costly and rare as OEM, I will give you status when available from MP products. again Im only providing the fastback version. 71-73 A-pillar trim.

Hello friends. I finally found someone currently selling OEM replacement a pillar trim panels for the 71-73 Stang / Cougar. These fit and fit well! I made a full post with photos on my 72 Stang resto site. Check it out

The place is West Coast Classic Cougar. I am sure many of you already know that these guys are great, but for anyone looking for these little monsters, I paid $146.01 shipped to my door.
Those are OEM used items, not replacements.

I just received email that Im to send in my OEM used A piilars to cast a mold to make new after markept parts, I assume it will be ABS plastic?, should have some product available on their website sometime soon, I will keep you posted

Back