Speedometer bounce

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea why my speedometer constantly bounces +/- 10mph at speeds up to 35mph, then smooths out for all speeds above there? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Doc
Speedometer cable. I don't know how many speeding tickets I got out of with that excuse when I used to drive our old 69 f100. Once replaced, I never could use the excuse again. Would bounce real bad and slowly settle till I was about ~50mph. Worst case is the speedometer itself but that wasn't my experience.

Any idea why my speedometer constantly bounces +/- 10mph at speeds up to 35mph, then smooths out for all speeds above there? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,

Doc
+1 on the cable. Mine does it too. Just too lazy to remove the cable and lube it. Eventually it will break and I'll have to change it.

Thanks,

Doc
+1 on the cable. Mine does it too. Just too lazy to remove the cable and lube it. Eventually it will break and I'll have to change it.
Doc almost afraid to ask about the first picture

Back