Daytona 500

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I am a Ford man, I am a Kyle Busch fan. I will be pulling for him and then any Ford driver. Who be cool to see Trevor Bane pull off a back to back, and he is from Knoxville to boot.

I've been a Tony Stewart fan since Rusty retired, and happy to see him starting 4th. I'm good with Biffle and Kenseth being out front as well. But, it's Daytona, and starting position doesn't really mean much.

I'm also going to TiVO it while I work on the Rustang and watch it later tonight.

Kyle Busch... yeah - like him or not, ya gotta respect the guy... he's got some mad skills. I was actually happy he was able to save it after Wonder Boy tried to wreck him [sorry - move him out of the way] during the Shootout. Turned out badly for Gordon and everybody else he took out, which always makes me smile (when he's having a bad day), but I'm glad he didn't get hurt. I think that was the most exciting finish ever for the Bud Shootout, even though Busch got past Tony right there at the very end - he earned it!

Here's hoping the 500 is a good, exciting, and safe race.

LOl yeah it was nice to see Jeffery just ROLLING along. Glad he was not hurt but was still nice to see. Kyle and I seem to have similar attitudes(bad) and really dont care what others have to say as he put it "Hatin is Motivatin"

I really believe Kyle is the most talented drive in the field it's just his attitude and lossing his cool get the best of him some times. If he would settle down a little he could stomp Jimmy Johnsons record in the dust.

How many Fords are in the race today?

I know Danica is probably driving a Chevy

but I am still rooting for her :p

mike
I'm pretty much "Danica'ed" out. I might be more inclined to root for her if she drove in the bikini she is known for.:D

I root for the "Roushcateers", since they are my hometown team. GO 99, 17, 16. Hope they get the race in, weather doesnt look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOl yeah it was nice to see Jeffery just ROLLING along. Glad he was not hurt but was still nice to see. Kyle and I seem to have similar attitudes(bad) and really dont care what others have to say as he put it "Hatin is Motivatin"
W3rd, Brutha!

And I agree with sentiments on Kyle keeping it together. Seems like the Chase is his queue to start the countdown to self-destruction, and just backslides while picking up speed until the end of the season. Be nice to see him actually have a 'full season' of focus.

Just saw a cool Mustang commercial waiting for the 500 to start "everyone has an inner Mustang". Mustang keeps changing models and colors while driving down the street. Introducing the 2013 Mustang.

How many Fords are in the race today?

I know Danica is probably driving a Chevy

but I am still rooting for her :p

mike
I'm pretty much "Danica'ed" out. I might be more inclined to root for her if she drove in the bikini she is known for.:D

I root for the "Roushcateers", since they are my hometown team. GO 99, 17, 16. Hope they get the race in, weather doesnt look good.

danica.jpg

I see it is on in prime time tonight, I will be able to watch it:)

As much of a fan as I was from the late 70's through the 90's I barely watch anymore. Not sure why, but it is just not the same. I do still however enjoy the heck out of this commercial, who else remembers it?

We were fans back in the Wide World Days (pre-cable) when you got to see bits and pieces of only the big races, what agony! Still remember Bill Elliott winning Riverside in 1983 s one of the few Ford wins. (Could not stand Earnhardt even when he was driving a Ford back then.) 1985 was such a great year. I was at a formative age (12 years old) and Bill was dominating, it was great!

Anyway I miss those years. That commercial remains one of my very vivid memories. We would tape the races and keep the ones Bill won. If that spot came on we would keep recording rather than pause! I will watch, if only just to recall how much I enjoyed it when I was a young teen dreaming of my own 351 powered car some day.

Also, if anyone is looking for a great book, Bill's book was really good:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/awesome-bill-from-dawsonville-bill-elliott/1100241357

I'm with you, I grew up during the "golden" era of NASCAR (now NAPcar). They lost the colorful stars for jeffy milquetoast and company. The only guy racing today that would fit that era is Stewart. Most of these pansies would have been chased out of the pits. Danika... don't get me started! LOL

At least they took spoiler away so they don't stick like glue.

AWWWWW too bad Jimmy crashed on the 1st lap. Danika was involved too. Too bad (dripping with sarcasm)!

Back