Antenna - Does it screw off?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
351c 2v
Edelbrock 4bbl, Performer Intake
Ram-Air
Pertronix Electronic Ignition
73 Mach 1. I got a cover because the garage situation is iffy. So I need to take the antenna down. I have been relegated to unscrewing the 4 screws in the base and laying it down because it doesn't have the square or hex base that signifies it can be screwed off. I'm scared to try cause I really don't want to break it. So was the stock antenna screw off? or am I just going to have to accept the fact that its going to be this process every time?

73 Mach 1. I got a cover because the garage situation is iffy. So I need to take the antenna down. I have been relegated to unscrewing the 4 screws in the base and laying it down because it doesn't have the square or hex base that signifies it can be screwed off. I'm scared to try cause I really don't want to break it. So was the stock antenna screw off? or am I just going to have to accept the fact that its going to be this process every time?
LOL look at last weeks question of the week. It will answer some of your questions

I've modified my mach with little updates based upon need. When my dash lights went dim, I put in a new overhead light with dual map lights. I think I found it in a LTD. My next project is the antenna. Like yours I have the original fixed antenna. I'm going to try to find a power one that will fit in the same hole. That's my answer. I'll kept the original for safe keeping, but that darn antenna is always in the way.

I've modified my mach with little updates based upon need. When my dash lights went dim, I put in a new overhead light with dual map lights. I think I found it in a LTD. My next project is the antenna. Like yours I have the original fixed antenna. I'm going to try to find a power one that will fit in the same hole. That's my answer. I'll kept the original for safe keeping, but that darn antenna is always in the way.
I have found a few reproduction antennas that are very similar looking yet screw off. I may do it. The other option is that if and when I redo the paint and a little bit of body work I will have the hole filled and goto a chassis antenna hidden somewhere.

I have found a few reproduction antennas that are very similar looking yet screw off. I may do it. The other option is that if and when I redo the paint and a little bit of body work I will have the hole filled and goto a chassis antenna hidden somewhere.
Thats what my intentions are do do. The hole is already filled.

Back