Shelby tail light panel in a 1971 Coupe!

There's only one word I have for that blue Sportsroof:

WOW.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's only one word I have for that blue Sportsroof:

WOW.

-Kurt

Thanks. That was actually a low buck rush job. I got the car from a neighbor who bought it from NYC Port Authority as an abandoned vehicle at JFK Airport. He stripped the nose and was trying remove the windshield when I rescued it for the price of a new windshield. It took about a year to build. At first I bought it for parts for my Mach but found it was a Ca car with almost no rust. Too rare a car here in salty NYC to cut up.

Mustang Ricky do you have any pics of the inside of the boot during and after mod , I'm buying a panel and doing the mod any other tips you can give mate?

As I used a steel panel I totally removed the original tail light panel. A good fabrictor is highly recommended! The biggest issue would be wiring the sequential tail light wiring harness. I don't have many pictures of the trunk.

168.thumb.jpg.1d908060a355e097f6e07d52d29281a3.jpg

174.thumb.jpg.aea6e8e615ff648d718594a92f9efe2c.jpg

216.thumb.jpg.c764479d9404f5d15e2bf857028b7b7e.jpg

023.thumb.JPG.c2ecf7ad6852339f0e43b33f605c45ce.JPG

P7160028.thumb.jpg.c5e91acf772d269307134a7e2c9521d8.jpg

Awesome work looks great::goodjob::

Eric

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=45]Visit My Garage[/button]

a58hgh.jpg

DRIVE IT DON'T STORE IT!

• 10 months later...

Hi Ricky, the tail lights look amazing - excellent work. Question, how hard was it to convert it to shelby sequential tail lights in our mustangs? I would love to do this mod on my '73 Fastback but would like to know how complicated the process is. It is obvious that I would need a welder and a fabricator in order for this to work on my project. Any help, tips, and advices would be awesome!

Someone should do the whole Cougar + Mustang hybrid.

We now know that the back end looks awesome! I love the blue fastback.

Now take the 67 XR7 hood scoop and the hide away headlights and meld them into a 71 - 73 fastback.

I think a Mougar would be killer (Moo-gar would also be a great name for a big, loyal and somewhat mean dog)

16jkmde.jpg

bhkkz9.jpg

We can even get it as a bolt on for under $200.00!

Photoshop anyone?

- Paul

Hi Ricky, the tail lights look amazing - excellent work. Question, how hard was it to convert it to shelby sequential tail lights in our mustangs? I would love to do this mod on my '73 Fastback but would like to know how complicated the process is. It is obvious that I would need a welder and a fabricator in order for this to work on my project. Any help, tips, and advices would be awesome!

I have the taillights if your interested

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cougar-tailights-1967

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

Thanks mate , just looking around now for the panel so I can have it imported to the land down under , really keen

I'm out at the moment but can order one anytime

They have the buckets, lights and wiring too

Don

Item #3643EA

68 CALIFORNIA SPECIAL AND SHELBY TAIL LIGHT PANEL

Steel taillight panel for California Special and Shelby. One piece weld on replacement panel. Fits all 1968 body styles, can be modified for 1969-1970 Shelbys. Reproduction.

I have the taillights if your interested

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-cougar-tailights-1967

Appreciate it but I'm looking for the whole deal. I'll keep this in mind.

Thanks.