'71 Mach 1 to be in Gran Turismo 5

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sportsroof
2010 Mustang GT
I don't know how many of you play video games but Gran Turismo 5 is being released November 24th. This game has 1,031 cars in it and 30 tracks. Its supposed to be the highest selling/best game...ever.

also the reason I posted this is because the game features 200 "premium" cars that are super highly detailed. One of them is a '71 Mustang Mach 1.

This is the into video to the game, at 4:37 you can see the mach 1.

Idk, I thought this was awesome. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks cool! I like racing games, but my kids usually dictate the games we get and they are mostly FPS like Call of Duty and such. I've been playing Black Ops since Wednesday! LOL I did pick up a used copy of Ford Racing 4 but I didn't get to play it yet...haha!

That looks cool! I like racing games, but my kids usually dictate the games we get and they are mostly FPS like Call of Duty and such. I've been playing Black Ops since Wednesday! LOL I did pick up a used copy of Ford Racing 4 but I didn't get to play it yet...haha!
The game Ford Racing 2 has a 71 and 73 mustang in it. LOL trust me everyone in the barracks right now is playing black ops like there is no tomorrow.

Don't know how many of you guys are gamers, but Gran Turismo is a famous line of simulation racing video games. The final vehicle list just recently got released and they've got a '71 Mach 1 in it. The game boast a total of 1,031 cars with a nice handful of classic American Muscle. I've been a huge fan of the GT games since the first release and I've been waiting for 5 for way too long. They've pushed pack the release date like a dozen times. The latest release date is set as November 24th, but I won't believe it until I have the game in my hands.

Anyways, just thought I would share. I'll be posting pictures and videos of the Mach when I get my copy.

Sounds cool! Keep us posted! I may have to buy this game! LOL!

LOL...I didn't catch the title but it seemed familiar!

Threads merged...:D

LOL...I didn't catch the title but it seemed familiar!

Threads merged...:D
I probably should have searched before making the thread. Oh well, this works haha.

well its cool to know that someone else is excited about this game. I have already ordered the collectors edition. It comes with a die-cast car, a book, free downloadable cars, etc.

But you better believe I am excited to drive my car in the game!

nrburgringnordschleife5-640x426.jpg

Awesome - and I love the color.

well its cool to know that someone else is excited about this game. I have already ordered the collectors edition. It comes with a die-cast car, a book, free downloadable cars, etc.

summitsep04.jpg

Awesome - and I love the color.

Ok I'm not sure if you realized this...but that picture is from the game...

I don't suppose they'll port to the XBox 360... I'd hate to have to buy another game console that I never use.

that is one problem with turismo no PC version, I'm not a console guy.

W3rd, Brutha.

Which is why I don't use my XBox 360, either. Although I did pull off some creative mojo getting my Logitech steering wheel/pedals to work on the XBox so I could actually 'drive' the cars in Forza 2 (which BTW, Forza 2 has a 1971 Mach 1/Boss 351 in the expansion pack as well). I've been waiting for the price on Forza 3 to drop (as well as the expansion pack to come out, to see if there are any old iron Mach 1s in that one too).

Game controllers just suck after you've used a good wheel/pedal set-up.

Yeah, I could only imagine the kind of patches people would release if it was on PC. I bought a PS3 about a year ago primarily for GT5. I still haven't bought a game for it yet. Just have a couple games that I inherited from friends and use it as a media player.

right now for the PC there isn't a really great game for cars. they just released another need for speed that is about it.

years ago there were some interesting car games with tuning and street driving with free roaming.

all those games like flatout1,2 and crashday, all stink, even turismo does, anytime your just locked into going around a track with barriers and the entire game is based on that its a yawnfest.

Live for speed is more interesting since you can hack it like crazy and they had some free roam also.

GTA games that are modifed with MTA were interesting but limited by the game engine.

I tend to like the older pc games since those have been modified to death and made more interesting.

what always bugs me is here we are in 2010 and some amazing games from the 90s that were really good have not been updated and fixed. the perfect would be a Multiplayer online world with realistic crashes and damage and repair, in a free roam environment like GTA and i don't have a monthly fee like warcraft or something. Eve is boring. X is boring.

fallen earth is limited and annoying.

lol wow looks like we have some gamers here.

Forza 3 already has several expansion packs and none of them have a classic mustang.

My two game series have always been Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto, I've played and beat all of them on consoles. Not a big pc gamer myself but whatever floats your boat. I actually specifically sold my xbox 360 to buy a PS3, only for Gran Turismo 5, and to play the older grand theft autos. I actually talk about it extensively in my personal blog.

Anyways, this game is going to be really good, and beautiful. Here is some of the most recent pics.

9EVEcl.jpg

iYNItl.jpg

Widow, what's your PSN? Mine is SieepingGiant (Yes, that's an "i" after the "S").

Last edited by a moderator:
Back