My Coastie friend's helicopter went down yesterday

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don65Stang

Reaction score
My Car
Several.
He is the pilot. It went down last night in Mobile Bay. The rescue swimmer was found but couldn't be revived. The remaining 3 crew members are still missing as of 11am.

My friend is an instructor pilot. He has a wife & young kids at home.

Please say a prayer for the families and for the crew to be found safe.

Here is the latest information: Latest info

Thoughts and prayers sent...

Thoughts and prayers out to your friend and his family as well as the rest of the crew and family members.

I heard about this on CNN and they reported the crew had survival gear and were holding out hope for them.

Very limited information is coming out about this. Since this was a Coast Guard helo that went down they are searching for their own guys so you know they are doing everything possible to locate the missing crew. The wind was blowing out of the southeast last night which may have kept the crew in the bay but the current may have pushed them out to sea.

Nothing has been said about gaining access inside the helo. It appears to have gone down nose first into 13' of water. The nose is in the mud on the bottom with the tail sticking up into the air.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending my prayers to all involved!

I use helicopter to and from work offshore every 4th week,

the worst i could think of happening is trouble with the helicopter!

Again...thoughts and prayers go out to all involved!

He is the pilot. It went down last night in Mobile Bay. The rescue swimmer was found but couldn't be revived. The remaining 3 crew members are still missing as of 11am.

My friend is an instructor pilot. He has a wife & young kids at home.

Please say a prayer for the families and for the crew to be found safe.

Here is the latest information: Latest info

Oh s***, Don. I heard about it on the radio today. Prayers sent, that's horrible news. It's bad enough when it's someone you don't know but that much worse when it's a friend.

The 3 guys are still out there. The crash happened at 7:20 pm central so it's been 28 hours now. They are wearing survival suits to keep them warm in the water. The water temp is 63 degrees.

I'm a little ticked off that some of my friend's Facebook comments are talking about Dale's funeral. This is ridiculous!

Back