New Guy Here

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rentascout

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach One
Okay let me take a moment to talk a little about myself and my car. My name is Russ and I have been in the United States Army for 9 years now. My wife bought me a 1973 H code Mach one while I was on my second deployment in 2005.

I am the second owner of this car and it only has 77 K miles on her. It did have some fender rust and right behind both door, which I assume is from the quarter windows leaking, not sure but I bet someone on here will let me know.

I do belong to another mustang site but if I knew about this one earlier I would have been don with my car already. When I got my car it was all factory all the way down to the OK stamp on the drive side valve cover.

I am currently changing the fuel tank, ripping out the carpet to fix floor pan,and preping the motor to purrrrrr. I will need help with the ram air, since I went and got a hei my cleaner will not work.

I am looking to stay factory or for the most part. I spent some money on the motor but I could not stand 177 hp in that car. Thanks again and I hope to help in anyway I can,

STANG OUT

I got stationed at Fort Riely, KS in 2010 and just returned from Afgan and this last weekend I went and picked my car up from my parents house where it was sitting since 05. I have put maybe 50 miles on it since I have owned the car.

The motor ran horrible, exhaust was rotted out, and the pewter 5A was nasty. I have started a few project on it to make it ready for the road and I will be posting alot of pics and question, because I know that I love mustangs but I can shoot ,move , and communcate, but I am not a know it all when it comes to cars, but hope to find someone who is that can teach me.

My dad taught me and my little brother alot about cars when we were growning up. He has had alot of hot rods, so I have the basics down, but welding, mods, andthe bones of the car will take me a little bit.

Copy_of_100_1480.jpg

::welcome:: to the forum Russ, it looks like a great car and this is the place to be for anything 71-73 Mustang.

I am sure you will find answers to your questions and help as well as there are a lot of good people here.

AJ

Well thank you and I have waisted no time throwing the questions out. I will get more pics on here soon

Welcome to the forums! Wife bought you a 73 mach 1? She's a keeper! (So is the wife! LOL) Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

+10 on Rocket foots comment :) When I read "My wife bought me a 1973 H code Mach one while I was on my second deployment in 2005" I thought Thats a GOOD WOMAN!! Welcome , There is A-LOT of good info on this forum and A-LOT of good guys.

WELCOME aboard, Russ!

...and as Doc said, THANKS for your Service to this GREAT Nation.

It seems that you have a very SPECIAL person there with your First Lady. As a couple folks have said and/or inferred, she definitely sounds like a "Keeper."

As to your questions, please take some time and go through the different Forums. Feel free to comment or post up any questions that you may have as we do have a LOT of experience and willingness amongst the Membership to assist each other.

Again, Welcome and I look forward to interacting with you on the Site.

BT

Russ -

First - Thank you for your military service.

Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy the excellent help and education this site provides.

Everyone is very eager and very knowledgeable. The best part is when you have a question or problem - when you post - others may be having the same issues/questions. This is by far my favorite site on the web!

I am happy to hear you are wanting to keep you car mostly stock. While I enjoy many of the customized cars,

it is refreshing to see such an original 73 Mach I. Nice find!

I still have a 73 Mach I parts car with a few good pieces left. Let me know if I can help.

Ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Russ ::welcome:: to the site from Ontario Canada

I agree with the guys that have said your wife is a keeper.....you gotta give that lady a big hug and kiss, because soon as you start on the car she's going to miss you! Mustangs are an addiction!

Welcome to the site from Virginia! I'll also join in and thany for your service to our country! :salute:

Looks like your wife did a great job picking out the Mach 1. Is she into Mustangs too or just knew how much you liked them?

::welcome:: from Washington. Awesome gift from the wife. :)

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back