kick down assembly

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rentascout

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach One
Okay I had a 2bl carb and went and put the elder 650 on there but I still have that kickdown and not sure which assembly I need to get to make it hook up. I was told I could not remove it but a simply lever would hold it still Ill put a pic up so you can see it, anythign would help at this time.

000_0012.jpg

P3050006.JPG

I removed my kick down. I have to manually kick down. I kind of like it that way.
+1 on that. I also removed mine. I have a slap/ratchet shifter from b&m in mine and i like to shift it myself alot. I also bought a modified valve body from broader transmissions. It shifts awsome now!!

I also left my kick down rod off when I started using Holley 600, I would also perform this manually. (I still have it -- maybe put it back some day.)

Tnfastbk I wish I had your problem man, I still have the old fmx trans. Not a big fan of them but it is the one from this car so, Ill leave it for now.

Tnfastbk I wish I had your problem man, I still have the old fmx trans. Not a big fan of them but it is the one from this car so, Ill leave it for now.

+1. But I wouldn't be so down on your FMX. They're kinda like the 7173 Mustangs of our transmission choices - don't get much respect, but some people kinda like 'em. :p

Well I cannot say either way I have had this car for 7 years and only put 20 miles on it, so I guess I am speaking too early just hear a lot of people talking down on them. Again everyone has the right to speak their mind maybe they are just afraid of them, who knows

This is the Edelbrock kickdown rod device bolted to a Performer 600 cfm carb (arrow)

DSC01157.JPG

I have experienced that once it is mounted to the linkage, the throttle cable bracket is out of line, because the assembly moves the throttle lever on the carb more outboard. So I had to relocate the bracket.

Michael

Back