1970 Disc brakes on a 1971?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingKong

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Coupe
1985 Lincoln Town Car
2003 Nissan 350z
1994 Toyota Supra
Hey Guys, my 71 originally came with drums. There is a set of disc brakes from a 1970 mustang for sale cheap.......just wondering if it will work??

Thanks Guys.

Rotors and calipers are the same for 70 and 71-73, but the spindles are different, and drums and disks use different spindles. I'm not sure about the caliper bracket, though, the 70 bracket may not work on 71-73 disk brake spindles. Hopefully someone else on here will know, or have access to parts books.

I read on another forum the spindles for 70-73 mustangs are all the same.......But are the disc spindles different from the drum spindles????

Got an extra set of front disc brake spindles, need to be blasted and painted to make them look nice again But no rust on the spindle where bearings go. I do not have the bearings or nut's or cotter pins for them. just bare spindles

Got an extra set of front disc brake spindles, need to be blasted and painted to make them look nice again But no rust on the spindle where bearings go. I do not have the bearings or nut's or cotter pins for them. just bare spindles
For 70 or 71?

Hey Guys, my 71 originally came with drums. There is a set of disc brakes from a 1970 mustang for sale cheap.......just wondering if it will work??

Thanks Guys.
Alan, if you are going to disk, you might want to consider getting the complete 71 set up

pedal

booster / MC

proportioning valve

spindles

calipers [ for cores ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks Guys.

Alan, if you are going to disk, you might want to consider getting the complete 71 set up

pedal

booster / MC

proportioning valve

spindles

calipers [ for cores ]

Hey Don, I was actually planning to get a disc brake conversion kit that would fit drum spindles and also buy the booster/MC as well.

Thought i would ask about the 70 disc brakes cause someone local was selling the whole set minus spindles for $60.....

Back