Custom Center Gauges

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepasquale1

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach 1
My 73 Mach 1 came with the 3 center gauges, but not from factory, someone added them before i bought the car and left them unhooked. Therefore, my underdash harness does not support them. I have seen alot of people fit custom gauges into the gauge pods before. Not sure what style of gauges i want to put in yet but i want them to be almost unform witht he present gauges, (black backdrop, white texk, orange needles, full sweep etc. I wanted to see if anyone know what size gauges fit the pod and how anyone has fitted them into position.

My 73 Mach 1 came with the 3 center gauges, but not from factory, someone added them before i bought the car and left them unhooked. Therefore, my underdash harness does not support them. I have seen alot of people fit custom gauges into the gauge pods before. Not sure what style of gauges i want to put in yet but i want them to be almost unform witht he present gauges, (black backdrop, white texk, orange needles, full sweep etc. I wanted to see if anyone know what size gauges fit the pod and how anyone has fitted them into position.
There are essentially 2 approaches to doing this. One is to use 2 1/16" gauges and install them through the front, or use 1 1/2" gauges and install them from the back. Going from the back results in a more factory look. I did the former because I didn't think I could read the smaller gauges and because I already had them. I had to "massage" the openings to get mine to fit.

I used the 2 1/16" gauges and installed them from the back , Was a time consuming PITA but looks much better
IM002824.jpg

I used the 2 1/16" gauges and installed them from the back , Was a time consuming PITA but looks much better
IM002824.jpg
I really like that look. Any pics of you.installing? Any step by step advice? Did you ha e to cut.up the original pod?

My 73 Mach 1 came with the 3 center gauges, but not from factory, someone added them before i bought the car and left them unhooked. Therefore, my underdash harness does not support them.
For those of you with tach dashes already, I manufacture the 3 center gauge harness that connects the 3 gauges to the underdash harness, mimicking the OEM harness.

Back