My '73 Grande

TNFASTBK - Not only will get the opportunity for a ride; I will even let you drive it. You will get the opportunity to see how a "mild" REAL Big Block feels with all that TORQUE:)!

ROCKETFOOT - I know I have been promising and promising so YES, GREAT photos will be on the way on the Grande and the ENGINE with full descriptions.

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TNFASTBK - Not only will get the opportunity for a ride; I will even let you drive it. You will get the opportunity to see how a "mild" REAL Big Block feels with all that TORQUE:)!

ROCKETFOOT - I know I have been promising and promising so YES, GREAT photos will be on the way on the Grande and the ENGINE with full descriptions.

BT

:udaman: Ok but you have seen videos of me driving:D

Very nice job!

Motor sounds like a very serious GROUND-POUNDER.

I think car looks really good w/o the Boss stripes.

But I'm sure it will look good with them, too!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

is your vinyl roof brown? if yes is it correct material for the roof ?, i had trouble replacing mine had to use normal interior vinyl material as vinyl roof material only comes in black and white, if you know where i could get some proper vinyl in brown please let me know

No, Fangstang, I went with the black.

I never even consider brown since I was changing the "Grande" appearance to the "Sports Coupe" concept.

Perhaps Don (at OMS) will chime in as he may be more aware of a possible source. Failing that, you might give him a call or shoot him a PM.

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Attached are a couple of more "Teasers."

Actually, the only thing missing are the "stripes" and the "Hood graphics."

2vubqfp.jpg

33ll6pw.jpg

Yes, there are about 25 other Mustangs in there undergoing restoration and/or modifications.

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

STRIPES are on!!

Still a couple of "fitment" issues and the install of the hood graphics but everything else is done.

We are getting there!

2wg53j7.jpg

24o3hbp.jpg

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I picked "Ice" up today and am going to do some minor detailing over the next couple of weeks. I took a couple of pictures in the approximate same spot that it was in on this original post.

33b2yo2.jpg

2me1u29.jpg

2ntxuzq.jpg

2s6ptma.jpg

zvd4k4.jpg

After this "learning experience", I am now ready to start in on "Fire" with a SERIOUS approach:)!

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

Wow, that is sweet!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

That is bad ass. I like the stripes but the 472 is killer. I will stick with my 351 but I may have to build me a 429 ram air mach1 in the future.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1972 Mustang Grande Coupe

1954 Ford F100

Hey BT, is that a '71 gas cap?

[/quote

Yes, Steve that is a '71 gas cap. Remember, I am a "Modifier." :)

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.

Hey BT, is that a '71 gas cap?

[/quote

Yes, Steve that is a '71 gas cap. Remember, I am a "Modifier." :)

BT

Me too. I think the '71 gas cap is badass. Probably will get one for my '72.

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Oh hell no. I like the original one. It weighs enough to take out Arnold if thrown just right. I actually get worried when I am putting gas in the car that it will scratch the trunk its so heavy. Its a weapon I tell you.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1954 Ford F100

Wow Cobra, I have to say this is one of the nicest coupes I have ever seen in my life. I have a 71 Grande and will be doing a lot of things to her to make it a "one off". She was my very first car when I was 15 and have kept it all these years. I did a mild restore on her back in 2003, but it was to what I could afford at the time. This time it will be as to what I want. I have paced back and forth about keeping the vinyl top, but after seeing yours, I have made my decision to keep it. The only big difference I see is that I am going to try and do all of the metal replacement and fab myself, teaching myself as I go of course. How well did the hood fit the car right out of the box, did you buy the Dynacorn? Anyway, sorry for the rambling, great job on the Stang, Paint Is Awesome! Enjoy tearing up the pavement!

1_12_09_14_10_32_45.png

- Nik

Make sure that you keep all of the roof trim clips. I cannot find any of them.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1954 Ford F100

Wow Cobra, I have to say this is one of the nicest coupes I have ever seen in my life. I have a 71 Grande and will be doing a lot of things to her to make it a "one off". She was my very first car when I was 15 and have kept it all these years. I did a mild restore on her back in 2003, but it was to what I could afford at the time. This time it will be as to what I want. I have paced back and forth about keeping the vinyl top, but after seeing yours, I have made my decision to keep it. The only big difference I see is that I am going to try and do all of the metal replacement and fab myself, teaching myself as I go of course. How well did the hood fit the car right out of the box, did you buy the Dynacorn? Anyway, sorry for the rambling, great job on the Stang, Paint Is Awesome! Enjoy tearing up the pavement!

[/quo

Actually the hood was a NOS unit that was on the car when I purchased it @in 2002. Other than the paint (and graphics):), all that I had to do relative to the hood was to install the locks.

BT

Do the RIGHT thing.