Firefox or Internet Explorer?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your favorite Browser?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Firefox

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
Just wondering what browser you guys prefer? Firefox or Internet Explorer?

I mainly use Firefox but i also test on Internet Explorer. I don't use Chrome, Opera or any of the others though. One thing I did notice is that the forum theme looks better in Firefox! It has a more smooth look with shadows behind the forum boxes and stuff! If you want to see it in all it's glory, try Firefox! http://www.getfirefox.com

Firefox!

Chrome @%%%^&^%@#$!@$^))^%^#%@#$ed me off when it was released. It would totally lock my computer if I tried to open a PDF file in the browser. I might try again....

Do the forums look OK in Chrome?

Chrome by far is my favorite browser, with Firefox second. Internet Explorer, while having improved over the last couple of versions, can go die in a fire.

I like both Chrome and Firefox because they are standards compliant, which is a major blessing if you design and code websites (like many people on this forum do). I like Chrome because it compiles javascript into binary making it CRAZY fast. It also runs each tab in it's own process, thus creating a separate space in memory for it to run (when running chrome, you can open your task manager an you should see a separate java.exe process running for each tab you have open). The benefit here is if you come across a website that has malicious code, it won't be able to access any of the other pages you have open because they all reside in separate memory space.

The other thing I like about Chrome is that there is more realty for the pages you view.

I just downloaded Chrome and Opera to test on. The forums look great on both of them also! IE is the only browser so far that changes the formatting. It's not horrible or anything, but it is noticeably different from FF, Chrome and Opera. Using IE's compatibility button does help, btw.

I bounce back and forth between FF, Chrome and Opera all the time. I've been running Minefield (FF's dev branch) for the past few weeks. I used to run Opera because it was the faster browser, but since FireFox has implemented GPU acceleration in their latest builds it's taken the top spot back. In any case, I stay as far away from IE as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck with IE at work (Uncle Sam's 'one size fits all' approach), but I use Firefox at home - on all of my machines including my MacBook Pro. I've played with Chrome - it's doesn't suck (I actually do like it better than IE). I'm just more familiar with FF, and I tend to stick with what I know.

I also do my fair share of webpage design and prefer the standards compliance that IE can't seem to make stick. Why is it so tough to just stick to the standards? Oh yeah... it's Microsoft... nevermind.

FF, Chrome, and IE, in that order for me.

I'm Mac also so, Safari or Firefox for me. I tried chrome a couple of times. It reminded me of windows ME, a truly awful waste of code.

Chuck

I've always been a slow learner when it comes to these things, which is why I'll probably get a chuckle from everyone when I mention that I used Netscape Navigator (yep, that was me) because at the time it was the only competetor to IE unless a guy went down the Linux route, or so it seemed, unless you were a Mac person.

Today it's the standard IE, but now that I'm learning something, I might check out Chrome or Firefox. I'm assuming both are free these days? Any drawback for me making the switch, beside maybe having to redo my Favorites, which isn't that big of a deal?

Doc

You can download Firefox, Chrome, Opera and several other good browsers for free. You can also keep IE and run another browser...they open from your desktop just like an application. When you download a new browser, it will ask if you want to make it your default browser...you can answer no if you like. Then use it when you want to get the feel for it. If you like the new browser, you can always make it default down the line.

Hope this helps!

Back