Home made fireworks

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did he manage to change T shirts during the explosion??? I think he may need a real hobby.

Back when we were kids you could buy any chemical you wanted at the local drug store

or order them from a supply house. We found all the formulas in chemistry books at

the high school library. We made some really good stuff! Back then nobody cared if

you blew yourself up just so no one else got hurt. We fabricated a cannon using the

school's machine shop. Had a lot of fun with that.

mike

In HS chemistry class, we dropped solid pellets of nickel into hydrochloric acid. What results is a thick black smoke. Our teacher looked up from whatever he was doing and said "Hmmm...fog must be rolling in" and went back to reading. Ahhh...the good ol' days.

I could post a simple formula using two agents, one being a common household cleaning chemical.

It is a very high brisance explosive. But...... that would likely make the moderators very nervous.

mike

I could post a simple formula using two agents, one being a common household cleaning chemical.

It is a very high brisance explosive. But...... that would likely make the moderators very nervous.

mike
Mike, I appreciate you thinking twice about posting that. There's a zillion internet places to post your info, and if you want to post a link to that.... well, I would prefer that to posting the directions here. Thanks! In fact, I might check it out myself. :)

Doc

I won't be posting any formulas anywhere.

Interested users will have to walk down to

the local library and look it up for themselves.

Just like I did 50 years ago.

mike
That's what my little brother and I did in the late '60s. Drug stores carried all kinds of raw chemicals that we experimented with.... We still have all of our fingers, as far as I know. :p

mike
spacer.png
[/img]

glad you stopped when you did

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back