• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Mustang Mach 1 title wanted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony983

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
Hello, I have a 1972 Mustang Mach 1 that belonged to my uncle who passed away years ago. Unfortunately we cant find the title and/or any paper work to apply for a lost title & the state (PA) is giving me a hard time. My father & I are really looking forward to restoring it together. If anyone has a title/vin they would like to sell please message me. Its a 351C 4bbl automatic with air. Thank you.

Based on the information you have provided, I would suggest you contact Marti Motor Works to see about possibly acquiring documentation on your Uncle's 1972 Mustang.

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

I certainly would not suggest or otherwise condone "buying" another Title/VIN (from a different Mustang) or anything of that nature. I am pretty sure such an action would be illegal in Pennsylvania and most (if not all) other States in the Union.

With the "Marti" documentation, you may be able to work forward to the point where you can find something on when the Mustang was last registered.

On another subject, when you get the time please go into the "Introduction" Forum and "introduce" yourself so that we may give you a proper Welcome.

BT

I don't know about penn. But in nevada a death certificate and the next of kin should be capable of filing a lost title form which when accompined with a bill of sale will transfer ownership.

Based on the information you have provided, I would suggest you contact Marti Motor Works to see about possibly acquiring documentation on your Uncle's 1972 Mustang.

http://www.martiauto.com/reports2.cfm

I certainly would not suggest or otherwise condone "buying" another Title/VIN (from a different Mustang) or anything of that nature. I am pretty sure such an action would be illegal in Pennsylvania and most (if not all) other States in the Union.

BT
PLUS 1 with B.T. cannot re-title / re-vin

Try the family insurance agent, at one point the car had to be insured

or

The bank he dealt with, did he ever have a loan on it.

"Re-VIN." Isn't that what chop-shops do? And don't they go to jail for that (when caught)?

Yeah... not a good idea.

Im really surpize they wont give you a temp title in PA....Here in washington...If someone dies or leaves a car at your house with no title...The DMV will make you take it down to the D.O.T...they will check it over and make sure its not stolen...Then they will issue you a title that is good for 5 years...A temp title...After 5 years is up...It becomes legaly all yours ...but with the title you can drive it and everything...And very doutfull anyone will pop up in 5 years and say...Its my car!! Plus they need proof...lol

cant you try a title company etc? there has got to be a way to do it for a 40 year old car

Here in Kansas I just take the VIN down to the DMV and pat $10 to look up the last title info. I have done it several times on cars I had no info at all on and got a title.

I had a '70 Honda motorcycle with no title, and found a place in Georgia, I think, that got me a Georgia title with a bill of sale. Then I took that to my state's DMV and traded it for a title in my state. Something like that might work for you, with a little google searching.

god i wish it was that easy in pa i have a freaking m code that was orginally form texas, was bought as a parts car years ago and has been here in pa for atleast 7 years before i got it

Yeah PA can be a real pain in the ARSE!!!! Even if you have an old junk car that you want to scrap you have to have the title in hand to take it to the scrap yard. I didnt have the title for the 72 convertible i bought last year for parts, so i ended up cutting it into pieces and making 2 trips to the scrap yard. Although it didnt take much to cut the car in half LOL!! :p Still its a pain and you have to make multiple trips to scrap yard.

34r826w.png

ve3up3.png

I had an old scrap car once without a title. Asked my local sheriff's dept. what I would need to do to junk it and they said they could issue a certificate to take with it to the junkyard. But just for fun I used a sawzall on it and cut it into pieces small enough to put in the metal recycling bin at my local dump. Just took one chunk with me each time I went.

ive already junked a car without a title or anything, all depends where you take it lol

Back