What Battery/Cold Cranking Amps recommended

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always been a believer in getting the most available, but I grew up where it was really cold in the winters. Even now I wouldn't go lower than 650 cold-cranking amps, 24F battery.

I've always been a believer in getting the most available, but I grew up where it was really cold in the winters. Even now I wouldn't go lower than 650 cold-cranking amps, 24F battery.
Thanks, since being a member of this site I've learned to ask before purchasing anything for my Mach 1, wished I had known about this site years earlier, would have saved me a lot of time and money with my trial and error method I was doing everything. The Autozone rep said 550 CCA was plenty because it doesn't get that cold here but even I know that's kind of weak to crank over a 351C that sits for long periods of time.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the biggest one that will fit your car. Mine is rated at 850 amps.

It won't hurt the engine. Recently left the head lights on by mistake.

That was at 0800 and the clock in the console stopped at 1200.

mike

Last edited by a moderator:
i went with a kragen premium battery thats like 3 or 4 years 100% replacement and it was 1000 amps. i did this so if i ever killed the battery enough down but it still has enough amps to start the motor then it will.

even boss 429 and 429scj cars only had 600amp batteries.

i'm probably going to purchase the same battery tomorrow for my trailer winch. and thats going to be charged by a solar panel.

Agree with the most CCA that will fit

Try your local ford dealer

Just got a Motorcraft one for Erins truck 850 cca 36 month full replacement 109.00

I would not get the vatozone battery. The walmart everstart batteries actually got rated well by consumer reports, and it has lasted two years without going dead in my car.
Thanks for the heads up. I checked consumer.org and their site indicates that the Everstart Maxx batteries are top performers and out perform most batteries costing much more. Swung by the Tumwater Walmart and picked up a 750cca battery with a 3 year warranty for $79.00.

Back