Exhaust pricing question

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikepasquale1

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Mach 1
I got a flowmaster 2 1/4 setup from intermediate pipes back. I need to have an exhaust shop make me a set of pipes from my shortys to my intermediates (3-4 feet per side). What would you guys think something like that would cost?

Keep in mind, no welding will be done. I want everything clamped for the time being until i know there are no tranny issues, etc. and the system that i have is already up and bolted into the car. The only thing i need are those pipes bent and installed

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason i ask is i have an appt on Friday to have this done and they wont give me a quote unless they see the car. i just dont want to be surprised after i have the car towed to the shop for nothing

The reason i ask is i have an appt on Friday to have this done and they wont give me a quote unless they see the car. i just dont want to be surprised after i have the car towed to the shop for nothing
Scope of work/cost from 7 years ago:

1. Make install dual exhaust from exhaust manifold back.

2. 2 Flowmaster Mufflers

3. 2 Chrome Tips

4. 1 X pipe connection

$275

Anchor Muffler

Anaheim, CA

No i have a friend thats towing it.but im not going to not pay him. It botherrd me that they wouldnt give me a quote thats y i was asking

I can understand them not wanting to give a quote without seeing it. The price will depend on complexity, number of bends, etc, which adds up to shop time ($$).

I found that every shop is different,and if they give you a price on the phone ,you get there than they tell you its more, good luck

Back