1973 Window regulator roller

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmcgill89

Reaction score
My Car
None
I took my door panel off today on the passenger side to see why my window crashed to the bottom of the door. It appears that there is no plastic roller on the regulator where it goes into the channel hooked up to the window.

Is there a replacement roller I can put on there, or do I have to press the old one out of the regulator and put a whole new one in there?

I hope there's something quick I can do and don't have to remove the whole mechanism.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe, It's been along time but it seems like the 72-73 are riveted and 71s are bolted in. I may have that backwards. Don at OMS would know for sure. Chuck

Mine is riveted in there, I know that.

I'm hoping I can pop that plastic "roller" on there rather than drilling out the whole thing....

Worst case, I have to take out the regulator and put a new one in.

Joe, It's been along time but it seems like the 72-73 are riveted and 71s are bolted in. I may have that backwards. Don at OMS would know for sure. Chuck

Mine is riveted in there, I know that.

I'm hoping I can pop that plastic "roller" on there rather than drilling out the whole thing....

Worst case, I have to take out the regulator and put a new one in.

Give Don a call. If thats possible he will know.

The rollers in the NPD catalog (#23240-1AK) are held on with a haripin clip, and this is consistent with what is shown in the repair manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back