5.0 and Boost

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a compression ratio of 11:1 I would say 8-10psi. I'm not entirely sure but I don't think the internals are forged. But if Kenne Bell says it ok to run it at 17psi then I would go with that as a maximum.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the worst thing that can happen?

You get to post a few photos, and tell a couple of stories. Cheap entertainment.

According to one of the Kenne Bell charts 8 PSI with 91 Octane, 10 PSI looks like it requires 94 Octane. Roy, you are going to get into soooo much trouble with this and will have a great time doing it. I just put a bondsman on retainer when I but the blower on my 07. It expedites the "check out" process considerably. Chuck

According to one of the Kenne Bell charts 8 PSI with 91 Octane, 10 PSI looks like it requires 94 Octane. Roy, you are going to get into soooo much trouble with this and will have a great time doing it. I just put a bondsman on retainer when I but the blower on my 07. It expedites the "check out" process considerably. Chuck
Bwahahahahaha! Bondsman on retainer...that's great!

Roy, Sorry to hear that. I was just trying to be funny. I guess I should just stick to the facts:blush:. Chuck

Not at all, that is the facts and sometimes it becomes a good thing:D Now how much boost???????????????????????????
I would talk to Kenne Bell, they'll be able to tell you what are "safe" levels of boost.

Ahhh a hole in the water to throw money into.

The 2 happiest days in a boat owners life... the day he buys it and the day he sells it.
BOAT- Break Out Another Thousand ;)..

Roy, You can drive a supercharged Mustang everyday. Develop a friend with a boat, bring some beer and gas money, tell him thanks for taking me out on the boat, get in your supercharged Mustang and drive home. With enthusiasm, if you're still sober. Use the FORCE Roy don't go to the dark side:p. Chuck

Roy, You can drive a supercharged Mustang everyday. Develop a friend with a boat, bring some beer and gas money, tell him thanks for taking me out on the boat, get in your supercharged Mustang and drive home. With enthusiasm, if you're still sober. Use the FORCE Roy don't go to the dark side:p. Chuck
Trying hard, but............................getting weaker

Would it help if I asked Don to call you Luke? I don't want to see you lose your soul to a BOAT! Chuck

Back