Disassembly of the Front Passenger Seat & preparation for fresh foam and upholstery

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archifx

Reaction score
My Car
72' Mustang Fastback (Mach1 Wannabe :)
A BIG thank you goes out to Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply for helping me order the proper MADE IN THE USA seat form for the front seats. I learned that there are many inferior seat foams out there but only Don can get the stuff by Distinctive Industries thats made in the USA.

While the new front seat foam is on order with Ohio Mustang Supply, I decided to get a jump on preparing the front seats for their fresh upholstery and seat foam. This involves a full dis-assembly, extensive cleaning, wire brush, sand, and paint. The photos shown below are pretty self explanatory as I go through the process. Luckily my seat tracks / sliders were in good shape and functional. The surface rust was wire-brushed, sanded then painted a flat black for aesthetics. Marine grade vinyl was added as a pre-foam insulator and will make for a clean fresh installation and reduce seat foam wear and dry-out.

GET THE SEAT FOAM HERE

CHECK OUT ALL 65 PHOTOS OF THE DISASSEMBLY HERE

[video=youtube]

Back