71-73 Mustang concept car

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
It was made in 1968...I wonder what happend too it? Im kinda glad our cars didnt turn out like that...lol..But still unusal..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
The scoop on the end of the hood is a bigger version on the one on the 69-70 Shelby(It is reversed on the Shelby). The roof looks the same as the 71 coupes.

Ford really wanted to emulate the "Shelby" look on the grill.

It surprises me how many "early" guys bad mouth the 71-73 with the styling so close to the Shelby’s.

Have you ever noticed how many 71-73 Funny Car's were built ! Tons, more than any other body style in the early 70's.

It was made in 1968...I wonder what happend too it? Im kinda glad our cars didnt turn out like that...lol..But still unusal..lol
I'm pretty sure that designer went on to work for Pontiac and the Aztec was born

The rear quarter scoop is kinda cool. I notice it's missing on the shelby what gives ????

Thought I'd just resurrect this old post to stick in a pic of the pre-7173 clay model which I colorized to give it some new life:

w6jb5.jpg

rMEaL.jpg

You can see the grill treatment in this pick well. The design crew wanted to mimick the 69-70 Shelby grills.

Ok, someone should build one now.

Back