watching gone in sixty seconds

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 mustang fastback,{mine} 74 Chevy Nova {girlfriends car}
2001 Sunfire that is falling apart haha.
Well finally got around to getting the original Gone in sixty seconds and will be watching that today.Also saw a good documentary yesterday called Love the beast.It is about the Australian actor Eric Bana and his falcon xb that he has had for over 30 years and actually raced in a few rally's in Australia.

I have seen the entire movie but I watched the 40 minute chase scene on YouTube. It's pretty amazing what they did to that car haha. Plus the fact that there were no special effects and freelanced most of the driving. Just don't see that kind of stuff with today's movies. The jump from the new Gone in Sixty Seconds looks so cheesy with the CGI it's laughable. Enjoy the movie.

I've never seen the original movie in it's entirety, but I hope to buy a copy soon! I definitely like the original Elenor better, but Angelina Jolie is not hard to look at either!

I've never seen the original movie in it's entirety, but I hope to buy a copy soon! I definitely like the original Elenor better, but Angelina Jolie is not hard to look at either!
But her greater than thou attitude sucks. She made a point to be out of the country for thanksgiving in protest of the holiday. I say she can stay wherever she went to.

I got Bullitt and gone in 60 sec a couple of weeks ago (ebay) after someone mention it on the forum.I've seen them before but not for a while.

If you have speed channel they've been showing Hollywoods hottest

car chases. I just saw part of it. MAB

I read somewhere that they used 11 custom mustangs to film all the angles of the that short little chase scene in the remake alone....whereas with the original they used probably no more than 2 cars for the entire movie

I never seen the OG gone in 60 seconds, picked up Bullit, and tried to watch it, and was disappointed :( I made it through the chase I think, got to the part where he turns sharp and the wheel buckles under the car, then fell asleep.

I want to watch Gi60S but I fear that it will also be a disappointment.

I read somewhere that they used 11 custom mustangs to film all the angles of the that short little chase scene in the remake alone....whereas with the original they used probably no more than 2 cars for the entire movie
Yup, the remake was crap.

Afaik they only used ONE car in the original movie, except of course at the end, where they steal a second one.

But the chase was one car only. They fixed it up after each shot so it kept running. On the DVD there is an interesting feature where a stuntman drives the totaled Eleanor and spins it around a few times. Everything rattles and it sounds like the fan is scraping but it still drives today.

the car still runs also.

plus they used a 71 dressed up to look 73ish for the movie.

http://www.gonein60seconds.com/elenor.htm

It isn't much of a movie but halicki wrote and directed it himself used friends to make it and the stunts were pretty extreme for the day. it was 1974 so remember there is a person behind the wheel, Halicki. the acting is terrible and the story so-so.

Junkman, was worse in that respect but that movie is good for the stunts and made me shed a tear.

i've seen the footage for gone in 60 seconds 2, and its painful to get through as well.

basically everyone that watches gone in 60 seconds skips over the first part and just cues it up to the 40 minute chase scene.

The remake in 2000 tried to clean up the back story and make it interesting but the car scenes were all CGI and looked terrible.

Well yes...I think he used only 3 mustangs all together "think that is" ..I watched the extra's on my dvd but its been a while...lol...But funny thing is they was 71 fastbacks..after heavily modifiing the mustangs he did not have enough money to film...so he made them look like 73 stangs by the time the movie was ready to shoot.

Well, like them both. Of course I like the original but the "new" Eleanor is sexy. If it wasn't so popular, I would build one too.

But a lot of work went into the new car and it certainly showed. The only thing that ruined it for me was that jump.

I don't think I woukd want to see a remake of Bullit but maybe Road Warrior.

Movies like the origional Gone and Sixty seconds, the Last American Hero, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, 2 lane Blacktop, (other good ones to check out) and other classic car chase movies are just much more believable and they stand the test of time! A lot of time the way they are shot and when you hear the engine with even only one camera behind the driver you feel like that could be you riding right there inside the car...... that i feel you lose with some of the over the top special effect's and unbelievable scenes.

I must be either old or lucky (or both). I saw the original at a drive in theater while sitting in the drivers seat of my '72 R code Mach 1. The acting sucked but the drive home was memorable.

Steve

I must be either old or lucky (or both). I saw the original at a drive in theater while sitting in the drivers seat of my '72 R code Mach 1. The acting sucked but the drive home was memorable.

Steve
THAT is how you do it!!

Very cool.

Back