Rear window louvers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like the rear window louvers on our cars?

• Louvers

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • No louvers

Votes: 11 40.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Mustang
Hey guys, I was just wondering who is all running the rear window louvers? I think that is going to be my next purchase for the mustang. I saw a decent set from Summit racing that are aluminum. Also if you are running them post up a few pics and where you purchased them. Thanks Kevin

I bought a set of 80's vintage made by Cragar on eBay a couple of years ago.

Were the rear window louvers ever a factor or dealer option for our cars? Also I imagine the louvers would block the little rear view that we have, although they do look good.

Were the rear window louvers ever a factor or dealer option for our cars? Also I imagine the louvers would block the little rear view that we have, although they do look good.
Nope...aftermarket only.

When I had the Mach 1 I had a set but the car got wrecked before I put them on. I sold them. I like the look and back in those days (mid to late 80's) they were popular on all kinds of cars. Seems like they are less popular now a days.

It's your car! If you want them I say 'go for it'. They would look good with your silver/black color combo.

Personally, the visibility out the rear window of my '71 Mach is terrible enough that I don't need anything more to interfere with it. Just something to consider...

I am completetly torn..I really like the throwback look of the louvers, but then again I really like the dealership floor look. I always planned on getting a set, but just can't bring myself to dropping $300+ and then maybe decide that I don't like them and then have to ebay them.

I do think that the Mach 1's are one of the only cars that louvers really look good on!

So, I am of absolutetly no use to you!!

LOL interfere with what:huh: Its just a matter of preference, some like them some don't, personally I do.
I couldn't agree more......I like them so I added them....and yes, my rear spoiler has been turned around correctly lol

100_0909.jpg

I abstained from the vote--I have an OE set of louvers on my '69, which I love the look on, nice curved edges, solidly built, hefty hinges and hold downs. However, I will NOT install a set on my '72 as I don't like the angular design and cheesy hinges of the louvers you get for '71-73's. Just my opinion though--I don't have a problem with those that do install them. I am sure some think the ones on my '69 look bad.

I abstained from the vote--I have an OE set of louvers on my '69, which I love the look on, nice curved edges, solidly built, hefty hinges and hold downs. However, I will NOT install a set on my '72 as I don't like the angular design and cheesy hinges of the louvers you get for '71-73's. Just my opinion though--I don't have a problem with those that do install them. I am sure some think the ones on my '69 look bad.
Different car different design

Back