vibration in drivetrain

Hello,

Since the last view weeks my car has a new symptom. At 2300 rpm I am having heavy vibrations in my drivetrain. If i change the engine speed +/- 200 rmp everything is fine again.

This is independent from the vehicle speed or gear. It`s more or less the same in standstill and N or P position.

My transmission is a C6 with stall speed 2000 rpm. I have checked all auxiliary systems (ventilation, servo, alternator) and the exhaust system (to be sure that exhaust does not hammer to carbody).

Could this be a problem of my C6 transmission? Does anyone have any ideas ? :huh:

Thanks for help.

best regards Christian

My Mustang is a "hybrid vehicle" it burns fuel and rubber :D

If it is the same in P or N could not see how it could be in the tranny. My first guess was the drive shaft out of balance or U joints but if it does it sitting still thats not possible either. Just a guess but maybe the harmonic balancer is bad:huh: Some more knowledgeable folks will be along shortle I'm sure.

Possibilities; balancer, flexplate, torque converter, pulleys, water pump, front drive accessories... have you added or changed any rotating components lately? Maybe remove front drive belts to see if the vibration changes. A cracked flexplate can shake like crazy. Is there a "clunk" when putting the trans in gear?

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Could be balancer, but if it's not been excessively abused, it shouldn't be the problem. You could lubricate the U-joints and see if it helps at all... sometimes the driveline angles aren't perfect after all these years and many people neglect to lube the U-joints. Makes a big difference... I like the Mobil 1 Synthetic grease stuff.

1971 Mustang fastback: 10.3:1 C90E 408W hydroller - CDAN4 EEC-V w/EDIS8, girdled, lowered and caged

Could also be the torque converter to flexplate bolts, loose or missing.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

Guest BigPinoyHunk

an easy look would be a tranny and engine mounts!!!! i had a nasty looking tranny mount last year and it had a ford stamp on it. :P, probably my original one and it was older than me.

Concur with motor/tranny mount.

If motor mount goes, fan will get awfully close/clip shroud. Hate when that happens.

11jmcuc.png

351C Bold Manners, Brash Attitude

Favorite Teams: Michigan Wolverines and Whoever Is Playing Ohio State.

When I drive past a herd of cows, the cows MOO at me