Hide away antenna options?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1969 Bronco Sport
1964 Falcon
Looking to pick up a hide away antenna for my 72 and I see a few options at the usual places, but was wondering if anyone found one they really liked that was under $50.

I think I would rather have a manual(not electric) but can go wither way.

Thanks for your input!

Guy

I noticed one on the Crutchfield website a couple of months ago. It attach's to the window with an adhesive pad. I don't have any personal experience with it though. Let us know what you come up with.

I am unaware with any electric antenna that has a useful life greater than 366 days. If you find one, let me know.

I am unaware with any electric antenna that has a useful life greater than 366 days. If you find one, let me know.
Sounds like you just turn your radio on and off too much just to watch the antenna go up and down! :D

Sounds like you just turn your radio on and off too much just to watch the antenna go up and down! :D
Actually, it was a ruse to turn on the wife.

Thanks for the heads up..unfortunately/fortunately mine is already painted so I won;t be welding on that fender any time soon!

Lots of good ideas running around there though. Just nothing much on mounting an electronic hideway.

Probably just pick up a universal one and mount it up in there.

I'll update later. Thanks again!

Eric' date=' have you used one of these? Looks interesting if it works.[/quote']
I have not... but my plan is to check it out when I'm closer to installing tunes, and probably go that route.

I'm just collecting information and formulating a game plan at this point. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

I have a used electronic antenna that attaches to the inside of the windshield with double sided tape, I've used it for many, many years but I want to go back to the original antenna (the original hole in my fender was welded shut)! I bought this electronic  antenna over in Germany and if you want I'd sell it to you for 20 bucks or so depending on your location. Let me know, thanks!

IMG_1813.JPG

Back