• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1972 Q code $4500

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graham Man

Reaction score
My Car
1972 351Q Mach
1971 302 Fastback
Craigslist deal?

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/cto/2911411933.html

5G95Kd5He3K43Id3F8c3jb88894d04d5014af.jpg

Looks like a great deal if what he is saying is true...but the title being in the name of someone who is deceased and not in the seller's name would concern me if I were thinking about buying it.

Ugh - the great price for me is outweighed by a couple of statements:

"Owner might choose to do a rebuild instead of troubleshooting and fixing" (the engine has thrown at least a rod if not worse, and needs a complete rebuild; hopefully the block wasn't damaged beyond repair)

"The car interior is completely stripped" (plan on investing many hours of tedious work to make it presentable again)

and the worst:

"I currently have the title but it is not in my name. I believe the original owner is now deceased" (registering this vehicle in any state will take much money and aggravation, if it's even possible at all).

My 2 cents, anyway.

Doc

I am sure each state has different standards on this--but if the original owner has signed off the title it could be OK. If it was here in California and the title was signed, it is an "open title" and is no problem to take to the DMV. I bought a car a few years ago in that condition--owner was long since dead, but the title was endorsed. DMV didn't even look at the signature let alone question it.

In Nebraska where I lived previously, you had to have a notorized signature. Been through that one too, best to have a live body there!

There are more then a few guys here who started restoring Mustangs with A LOT LESS SHEET METAL and DRIVETRAIN than that.

But if you have 5 years!!!!

Back