For sale in my town!! 1972 olympic sprint!! Who wants her?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1
Seller said half of the cars were exported to Europe?

I have heard of a Canadian version ot the Sprints but half to Europe??

I don't think that is even close to correct for the Sprints.

Ray

But it's not a Sprint, he said so, it's a "Spirit" edition! So it's an ultra rare Mach 1 Spirit edition. 1 of 1!
I dont blame anyone for putting mach 1 on them..I got in alot of arguments with uninformed fast back mustang owners about there cars not being a real mach 1...lol

It's not a "mach one" either, just a sportroof sprint. It probably is rare though.
its rare, they only made 3,000 sportroof sprints.
I think its less than that...Well according to mustang source...Ford made 800 Sprint fastbacks, and 50 convertibles were made for the Washington, D.C. Cherry Blossom Festival. It was recently learned that 6247 Sprint coupes were also offered. Ford also offered Sprint models of their smaller Mavericks and Pintos. Visit Daniel Russell's 1972 Sprint Registry for more info.

So only 800 spring fast backs made...Pretty rare car.

Last edited by a moderator:
4-3.JPGMustang source does not know what the #$%^& they are talking about. See www.1972mustangsprint.com for actual Marti production numbers.

So - is 3,086 made rare? Well - not really compared to only 50 convertibles unless it's one of the 298 Q codes. But - how many of the 3K+ sportsroofs made are left in this condition - probably not many. Is it worth about the same as a Mach1 in the same condition with the same engine/trans etc. - perhaps so.

Yes a few coupes were exported to Canada and perhaps some servicemen had some exported to Europe but 1/2 of them made- seriously?

I've included a picture of four of the fifty convertibles all in the same place. What are the odds of that?

By Package and Body (Package B has Magnum 500's & comp suspension)

Body Style Package A Package B Total

Coupe 5512 735 6247

Sportsroof 1908 1178 3086

Convertible 50 0 50

Total 7470 1913 9383

By Engine and Body

Body Style L 250-1v F 302 2v H 351 2v Q 351 4v Total

Coupe 365 4306 1486 90 6247

Sportsroof 49 1268 1471 298 3086

Convertible 0 50 0 0 50

Total 414 5624 2957 388 9383

But it's not a Sprint, he said so, it's a "Spirit" edition! So it's an ultra rare Mach 1 Spirit edition. 1 of 1!
I dont blame anyone for putting mach 1 on them..I got in alot of arguments with uninformed fast back mustang owners about there cars not being a real mach 1...lol

It's not a "mach one" either, just a sportroof sprint. It probably is rare though.
its rare, they only made 3,000 sportroof sprints.
I think its less than that...Well according to mustang source...Ford made 800 Sprint fastbacks, and 50 convertibles were made for the Washington, D.C. Cherry Blossom Festival. It was recently learned that 6247 Sprint coupes were also offered. Ford also offered Sprint models of their smaller Mavericks and Pintos. Visit Daniel Russell's 1972 Sprint Registry for more info.

So only 800 spring fast backs made...Pretty rare car.

Mustang source does not know what the #$%^& they are talking about. See www.1972mustangsprint.com for actual Marti production numbers.

So - is 3,086 made rare? Well - not really compared to only 50 convertibles unless it's one of the 298 Q codes.

I've included a picture of four of the fifty convertibles all in the same place. What are the odds of that?
Now that's a very cool photo on many levels!

Mustang source does not know what the #$%^& they are talking about. See www.1972mustangsprint.com for actual Marti production numbers.
Its a very old page..They said they got the numbers from the 1972mustangsprint site...Which i have noticed changed alot of its information over the years as they learn more...Same way this guy when he reupped his craigs list..He didnt put any of that infomation on his new add..Cause im sure he got alot of emails about that being wrong...but i never trust any information totaly from any site..Marti gots good production numbers and close as you can get..But not even he knows all codes...They never been able to anser what j code means on my warranty plate..lol

looks like a good one. I had a new Sprint coupe Mustang and wife at the time had a new Sprint Maverick. Sold both, wish I had them back. Recently found a rusty one and trying to rebuild. Anybody know where new rear interior quarter panels and the seat belt bezels can be found?

VAMACH1, cool photo where was it taken? Looks like Nashville Superspeedway. I dont live far from there.

72...that IS Nashville Speedway well the new crap version anyway. The Fairgrounds IS the Nashville Speedway from back in the Fireball Roberts and the up and coming Darrell Waltrip days. Gladeville is where I use to run the country roads in my 56 Chebbie hauling country girls around back in the day.

Back