speakers all around

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPAIN72MUSTANG

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang convertible
2008 ford edge
2006 cadillac cts
good after noon everyone,need help any one know if i put 5.25 mtx speakers 40wts rms in kick panel,than put new the dual speeakers in the front dash 30watts each and than put 6.5 mtx in the back will it sound all right...has anyone done this set up and does it sound good ....

or should i just stick with the kick panel speakers and the rear back speakers and leave the dash speakers out?

Last edited by a moderator:
good after noon everyone,need help any one know if i put 5.25 mtx speakers 40wts rms in kick panel,than put new the dual speeakers in the front dash 30watts each and than put 6.5 mtx in the back will it sound all right...has anyone done this set up and does it sound good ....

or should i just stick with the kick panel speakers and the rear back speakers and leave the dash speakers out?
Not to sure what your referring to speaker wise but here's a real good system I just did & could be done in our stangs too

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-sound-system-install

Hello, yeah you could do all that, those 5.25 wont fit on the driverside kick panel,the E-brake would get hung up on the speaker grill. you can put them in the door though. i just put in a set. in hind sight i could have gone with 4x8's. the door is a better location,more rigid,better sound direction. i would suggest the Focal's with the adjustable tweeters. your going to need a 5 channel amp or 6. 2 channels for the doors,1 channel for the dash if the speakers are bridged,2 channels for the back. that 6th channel would be nice for a sub-woofer. I hope your head deck can handle all that, it should have RCA out-put's, and a remote power line to turn the amp on when the deck is turned on. many head units come with a dedicated filtered sub channel,as well as power for a amp so you dont have to run a fused line to the battery. i'm in the process of installing a four channel amp in the trunk right now. not looking foward to running that cable thru the car to the battery. wish i had a 71 J code then battery would be right where i need it!

Back