Interesting.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKsilverMach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 302ci with 3 speed manual. Light pewter metalic with a red and black interior.
I've been busy stripping the body and taking out the glass ready for all the bodywork preperation for painting.

The good news is - rust is just limited to the surface.

The bad news is - I peeped in through the top of the dash at the wiring and it looks like it's taken a hammering in its early years, what with modifieing and wires being cut.

Have sorted a loom years ago, however that was when old wrecks were plentiful over in the UK and you could source the loom from one.

Now I've seen this service, the first advert I noticed when logging on, I will probably strip it out and send it over to MHR to be restored professionally.

Just need to strip it out.:cool:

Kewl! You know, don't you, that there's a discount running right now for 7173Mustang Forum members? I'll be glad to take care of you.

Sounds Good! I did also notice there were small bits of the sound deadener all over the floor from under the dash - the car was parked in an outhouse for 23 years and probably had a few resident rodents to keep it company :)

I will start to strip the whole loom out and box it up for shipping.

I did the same with my carb and sent it back to the USA for restoration and was very pleased with the results, so will look forward to having the loom restored.

Will contact you as soon as i'm ready :cool:

Job Done!

From the UK - I sent the loom to Midlife and it was returned and back in my workshop a month later.

Postage from the UK was £65. The cost of the restoration and return postage was approx £214. Taxes at the UK end on return was £19

Throughout the whole proccess Randy, the owner, kept up excellent communication via email. On return there is itemised paperwork on the wiring with instructions, plus a two year guarentee.

A good painless exersize and transaction.

Thankyou.

Hi, I've put the harness's back in the car. The job went well.

Most connections are self explanetory, although I just need to make sure I am connecting other wires up properly. Doesn't help being colour blind lol.

Have i connected up the starter solenoid ok?

I've put the + cable and two fuseable links on the large left hand terminal.

The cable to the starter on the right hand terminal.

And the two smaller wires on the two smaller terminals.

The - lead from the battery goes to earth against the bodywork and then earth to the engine.

Is this correct.

Thanks in advance.

01052013626_zps5dbb364b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you have the two slip-on connectors reversed...Get someone who has good color vision...the red/blue wire goes on the forward post and the red/green goes on the rear post.

I think you have the two slip-on connectors reversed...Get someone who has good color vision...the red/blue wire goes on the forward post and the red/green goes on the rear post.
Excellent, I've switched the wires. I may be back for more advice if I get any problems.

Thankyou.

Car starts and runs lovely. First time in 25 years. There is a part of a loom that plugs into the engine loom. What is it ? It is a four point plug, two wires go to what looks like a switch and the other two plugs loop round on each other, using the same wire.

If I disconnect it the ignition won't turn over. Plug it back in and the ignition works. The part looks like it's seen better days and I would like to replace it, but don't know what it's called to order it.

Thanks

1373899317230_zps18700cd0.jpg

Back