Glad to be here

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kmichaud

Reaction score
My Car
73 mustang grande with a 351 cleveland engine
I have a 1973 mustang grande with a 302 in it right now but taking that out and putting in a 351 ceveland and it has a 9" rear end

I have a 1973 mustang grande with a 302 in it right now but taking that out and putting in a 351 ceveland and it has a 9" rear end
We have rules here regarding the discussion of rear ends...especially if you are bragging.

Lots of talk here about rear ends, but very few pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have rules here regarding the discussion of rear ends...especially if you are bragging.

Lots of talk hear about rear ends, but very few pictures.
Here's one, James:

2919.jpg

:p:p:p

I didn't know about the rear end rule or whatever i just figured i would say what kind of rear end it has. 73vertproject if you go to the garage i will be the first one

OLE PONY if you go to the garage i will be like the first one. Thats what i have for pictures right now

Welcome to the site. You might wanna check that rear again, My 71 mach 1 came with a 302 but had an 8 inch rear instead of the 9. They look almost identical but the 8 inch is round and smooth on back and 9 inch has a hump where the ring gear is.

No turtle5353 the engine that was originally in it was the engine im putting back into it. The rear end is a 9 it does have the hump. The rear end that is in it i think its a 8 but im not sure

Welcome to the site. You might wanna check that rear again, My 71 mach 1 came with a 302 but had an 8 inch rear instead of the 9. They look almost identical but the 8 inch is round and smooth on back and 9 inch has a hump where the ring gear is.
In other words, the 8 is a girl rear end, and the 9 is a man...at least that is how I remember it.

yea bigger the better

Welcome From Kansas, You will find a lot of information hear, and I ensure you that if someone doesnt know they will find the answer, good luck with the swap

Welcome, post up some pics and start a garage when you get a chance. And you can put a pin on the member map if you want...
I have all ready started a garage i should be like the first one

In other words, the 8 is a girl rear end, and the 9 is a man...at least that is how I remember it.
Im almost a man.... im running an 8.8 LOL!

Welcome, post up some pics and start a garage when you get a chance. And you can put a pin on the member map if you want...
I have all ready started a garage i should be like the first one
Found it, PM sent.

Im almost a man.... im running an 8.8 LOL!
Reminds me of Mike Gundy..."I'm a MAN! I'm 40!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back