71-73 colour combinations.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKsilverMach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 302ci with 3 speed manual. Light pewter metalic with a red and black interior.
Hello all,

Looking around the net throws up all sorts of 71-73 paintjobs wich got me wondering what were the original combinations?

For example, I thought Med Blue only came with Silver hockey stripes and Hood/spoiler combo. But have recently seen Med Blue with Black combo which also looks good. Was this offered as an original option?

If you click on the "DATA" tab above it list all the paint by year
Thanks, must have missed that.

This was the colour combo that I wasn't aware of, a stunning car. Always thought the blue only came with silver stripes, etc.

1972_Mach_1_9.jpg

This was the colour combo that I wasn't aware of, a stunning car. Always thought the blue only came with silver stripes, etc.

1972_Mach_1_9.jpg
If Princess Kate gets a look at that car, she would leave the royalty in a hoof beat.

I seem to recall if you had a light body color, you got the black. Dark body color got argent. I believe those were the only options. I have no idea what the division line was between what was considered light and what was considered dark color.

In my case I decided not to go argent since there is too much glare off the hood and dash as it is. I also prefer the black accent on almost all colors.

1972_Mach_1_9.jpg
That is a great color combo; I don't recall ever seeing the blue with black either.

1972_Mach_1_9.jpg
If Princess Kate gets a look at that car, she would leave the royalty in a hoof beat.
I'd lay money on it :D

Back