Convertible Render

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2011 Mustang GT
Started on the 'vert the other night. Here's what I've got so far. It wasn't too bad, I basically cut the roof off the coupe, moved some stuff around, and made a boot for the top. Next is the hard part...detailed interior!

For those of you who have cared enough to follow my CG rendering threads, my ultimate plan is to make all the parts for each model in one file, spoilers, grilles, hoods, etc... so that any time I want I can recreate any model from '71-'73. I also have to make details like door handles, drip rails, side parking lights, etc... which were left off of my original on purpose because I plan to shave all that stuff on my real car, which I'm going out in the garage to work on as soon as I'm done typing :D

1stRender.png

Luxstang...I know you've been waiting for this ::thumb::

Aaaawwww! Thank you!

;)

That is really cool. I never understood how that rendering stuff works but you seem to know what you are doing. The last rendering of Obsidian looked really good!

Started on the 'vert the other night. Here's what I've got so far. It wasn't too bad, I basically cut the roof off the coupe, moved some stuff around, and made a boot for the top. Next is the hard part...detailed interior!

For those of you who have cared enough to follow my CG rendering threads, my ultimate plan is to make all the parts for each model in one file, spoilers, grilles, hoods, etc... so that any time I want I can recreate any model from '71-'73. I also have to make details like door handles, drip rails, side parking lights, etc... which were left off of my original on purpose because I plan to shave all that stuff on my real car, which I'm going out in the garage to work on as soon as I'm done typing :D

1stRender.png

Luxstang...I know you've been waiting for this ::thumb::

Thanks guys! There are definitely some minor flaws in it, but I'm getting the hang of it more every time I play with it and I keep tweaking little stuff to help the flaws look less noticeable. I started the interior and I'll try to post some pics tonight of what I have so far.

I figured out a way to take a "sceenshot" to show in progress work. It's quicker and easier than an official render. Here's where I'm at with the dash. Not sure if I'll get more time tonight, but I'm gonna try to do some more in a little while.

screenshot1.png

Dude. That is sick.

If you give me a render that

1. Is Angel Red(as in Angels Baseball)

2. Has tungsten gray (http://www.carsdirect.com/2006/ford/gt/colors) C stripe on it that is hugging the front fender well

3. With these rims:

modsport_ko_laydown.jpeg

I will allow you to compose an interesting quote for my signature and I will run it for at least 24 hours.

No one can beat that deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude. That is sick.

If you give me a render that

1. Is Angel Red(as in Angels Baseball)

2. Has tungsten gray (http://www.carsdirect.com/2006/ford/gt/colors) C stripe on it that is hugging the front fender well

3. With these rims:

modsport_ko_laydown.jpeg

I will allow you to compose an interesting quote for my signature and I will run it for at least 24 hours.

No one can beat that deal.
Lol!!! I'm sure when I'm done with it we can work something out :D

Sweet wheels, wheels are a pain to model, but I'll figure those out. I need some more wheels for my library anyway ;)

Welcome to the 21st Century...but Microsoft can't figure out a way to shut my PC off and keep it off.

Back