Went to my first show

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1
1969 Bronco Sport
1964 Falcon
Thought the car was all good, but then the night before I was looking at the front bumper and couldn't take the front bumper sticking out so far anymore. I had already adjusted it as far in as it would go. So, I pulled the bumper off, then then mounting brackets to the frame and then cut the adjustment slots a little deeper. Put it back on and got the front bumper nice and snug. Got to bed about 11, then up at 7 to wash it and head to the show. Small show all cars about 20 Mustangs, one 71 Converible, affew 65's and 66's, then a bunch of newer Shelby's.

Cool to see so many people gathering around the car I built, appreciating and taking pictures. Just kinda watched from a far. It was cool.

100_1820.JPG

100_1811.JPG

100_1822.JPG

100_1832.JPG

Your car looks fantastic--no wonder it drew a crowd! And I am not sure why, but I really love your color combination.

Last edited by a moderator:
Car looks great and I know what you mean watching the people. Yesterday at the little drive in show when I got parked people just swarmed the car. We had to move people to raise the hood and actually had one guy ask me to wait to raise it until he got a few pics. It is fun to see how many supposedly Mustang fans have no clue about our cars. If I have to answer "what year is it" one more time, I think I'm going to lose it. Be proud that is one fine looking machine you have there.

Car looks great and I know what you mean watching the people. Yesterday at the little drive in show when I got parked people just swarmed the car. We had to move people to raise the hood and actually had one guy ask me to wait to raise it until he got a few pics. It is fun to see how many supposedly Mustang fans have no clue about our cars. If I have to answer "what year is it" one more time, I think I'm going to lose it. Be proud that is one fine looking machine you have there.
Yah, I hear you. I have gotten the" I had one just like that, is it a 69???? A few times? I just kinda smile and say, "no, it's a 72." But I'm thinking, how could you have had one just like it and think it's a 69?

So I started looking for the old school Ford license plate frames. The ones that say 1972 FORD MUSTANG. I couldn't find them anywhere so I called Sacramento Mustang and asked if they had them? He said they were discontinued and didn't have any, but then told me to hold on and went and double checked for me. They had two left, 9.99 each! So they sent those out, got them next day and was all stoked to put them on before the show, when I noticed that the mounting flanges were only on the top!

So I had to drill a couple holes through the bottom of the frame to get it to mount. Maybe that's why they are discontinued??

I like it, but the writing part is pretty large and crowds the letters on the plate. But, it says 72, and people don't have to ask anymore..Will do for now!

100_1826.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL Guy I hear the same thing often on my 67. In 1967 they made 99 "Diamond Blue" convertibles. So, when folks are looking and talking I like to mention there were 99 and only 35 with black tops and interior. It never fails

"Yeah thats nice color I've seen a LOT of those that color".:-/ LOL...sometimes I want to say.."yeah since that 35 equates to less than 1 per state...odds are you've been traveling QUITE a bit. :D

I have gotten the" I had one just like that, is it a 69???? A few times? I just kinda smile and say, "no, it's a 72." But I'm thinking, how could you have had one just like it and think it's a 69?
Ya, I have one just like yours---is yours a '69???

LOL::tease::

Back